View Single Post
themayanlion
05-04-2006, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellamadia
Yes, I made the same observations as the person that started this thread about the real meaning of 10,000 days. I think a lot of people figured it out. You, however, are one of the few people that I know that thinks the same as me about Orestes. Orestes comes from greek mythology and a lot of people got too caught up on that relationship and aren't seeing the obvious connection. "This umbilical residue keeping me from killing you" and the lines you mention above seem to refer to his mother at her last moments. My nana (my favorite grandma) had a major stroke in February paralyzing her and my mother had to make decisions for her about her life wishes and she could not find it in herself to allow them to let her die if it came to that. Instead, they heavily medicate her to help her feel better as she lives on in this horrible way. I can totally relate to this. Even if it's not the real meaning, It helps me to relate it like this.
that is very interesting. i had always wondered about what he might have been talking about in that song, what you said makes a lot of sense, taken in ctext with this song
Old 05-04-2006, 12:37 AM   #82
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: The real meaning of 10000 Days (worth reading)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellamadia
Yes, I made the same observations as the person that started this thread about the real meaning of 10,000 days. I think a lot of people figured it out. You, however, are one of the few people that I know that thinks the same as me about Orestes. Orestes comes from greek mythology and a lot of people got too caught up on that relationship and aren't seeing the obvious connection. "This umbilical residue keeping me from killing you" and the lines you mention above seem to refer to his mother at her last moments. My nana (my favorite grandma) had a major stroke in February paralyzing her and my mother had to make decisions for her about her life wishes and she could not find it in herself to allow them to let her die if it came to that. Instead, they heavily medicate her to help her feel better as she lives on in this horrible way. I can totally relate to this. Even if it's not the real meaning, It helps me to relate it like this.
that is very interesting. i had always wondered about what he might have been talking about in that song, what you said makes a lot of sense, taken in ctext with this song
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote