View Single Post
forty6and2's Avatar forty6and2
01-21-2012, 12:18 PM

Made it to the venue around 7ish, after blazing it pre-show with fellow fans at a room in the Mandalay Bay. Went in, got to our seats and were stoked at what amazing seats we had (107 row F). There really was not a bad seat in this place. Intronaut was pretty good.. Best opening band I've seen for Tool yet. Getting super stoked at this point.

When the guys came on and opened with HWAP, I about had to pick my mans jaw up off the floor and wipe the drool. He looked like a little girl at Christmas who gets the pony she wanted. (Interesting analogy, I know.) I was shaking from excitement at how hard they were rocking HWAP.

Ticks and Leeches... HOLY SHIT. No more can be said about that one.

When they played Pushit.... OMG. IMO, the way they played it blew the Salival version out of the ballpark.. wait, out of the universe. Maybe it's because it's our first time seeing it live. I cried actually... Also did during Intension and Schism. Not like bawling, but teary for sure. So fucking beautiful and deep. Lateralus and Aenima were mind blowing, especially with the visuals. That canopy of lasers during the "I'm praying for rain" part in Aeinma. Wow. We were under that and I swear the hair on the back of my neck stood up. I was in such awe, I couldn't even sing along. I think I was having a Toolgasm at that moment.

For being 50 years old, these guys rock out WAY harder than most rock bands with members in their 20's today. They definitely were making a statement with this show. I don't care that Maynard flubbed words during many of the songs.. they were better than ever and the best I've ever seen them.

I'm glad they are busting out the old shit they haven't touched in years for us. We may never hear some of what we're hearing this tour again. Hands down, best Tool show I've seen.
Old 01-21-2012, 12:18 PM   #29
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 01.15.2012 - Las Vegas, NV @ Mandalay Bay Events Centre

Made it to the venue around 7ish, after blazing it pre-show with fellow fans at a room in the Mandalay Bay. Went in, got to our seats and were stoked at what amazing seats we had (107 row F). There really was not a bad seat in this place. Intronaut was pretty good.. Best opening band I've seen for Tool yet. Getting super stoked at this point.

When the guys came on and opened with HWAP, I about had to pick my mans jaw up off the floor and wipe the drool. He looked like a little girl at Christmas who gets the pony she wanted. (Interesting analogy, I know.) I was shaking from excitement at how hard they were rocking HWAP.

Ticks and Leeches... HOLY SHIT. No more can be said about that one.

When they played Pushit.... OMG. IMO, the way they played it blew the Salival version out of the ballpark.. wait, out of the universe. Maybe it's because it's our first time seeing it live. I cried actually... Also did during Intension and Schism. Not like bawling, but teary for sure. So fucking beautiful and deep. Lateralus and Aenima were mind blowing, especially with the visuals. That canopy of lasers during the "I'm praying for rain" part in Aeinma. Wow. We were under that and I swear the hair on the back of my neck stood up. I was in such awe, I couldn't even sing along. I think I was having a Toolgasm at that moment.

For being 50 years old, these guys rock out WAY harder than most rock bands with members in their 20's today. They definitely were making a statement with this show. I don't care that Maynard flubbed words during many of the songs.. they were better than ever and the best I've ever seen them.

I'm glad they are busting out the old shit they haven't touched in years for us. We may never hear some of what we're hearing this tour again. Hands down, best Tool show I've seen.