View Single Post
Tantobourne
01-18-2012, 05:05 PM

In terms of MJK's vocals I agree that anything on the mega was hard to discern. Overall the quality power of his vocals was usually drowned out by the rest of the band and tended to go from muddy to almost right more than I'd liked.

Seeing only 4 live shows I haven't reached that level of disenchanted mostly because I didn't wear out their live shows like many have before me. It's still somewhat fresh. And yes I agree that tossing in 3 'rare' songs doesn't a tour make. I like to think that this was a money-grab more for funds to put towards finishing the next album but heck, maybe it was just to fund all their non-band related wants.

In terms of the venue, I've enjoyed their shows in those not in an arena or outdoors for obvious reasons.

Security sucked only if you were accessible and trying to do what you shouldn't have been doing like reefing out or taking pics. I had folks all around me doing both and we were right off a main aisle so there was constant harping by the staff. I had toyed with bringing my little HD cam in but after seeing the metal detectors I said fuck it/don't want to fuck with it and was more than happy to rock out to the sound and visuals without wondering if I was going to get accosted by event staff.

As much as I'd love to catch another show on this tour I'm more than happy and placated until they finish off the next album.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:05 PM   #23
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 64
Re: 01.15.2012 - Las Vegas, NV @ Mandalay Bay Events Centre

In terms of MJK's vocals I agree that anything on the mega was hard to discern. Overall the quality power of his vocals was usually drowned out by the rest of the band and tended to go from muddy to almost right more than I'd liked.

Seeing only 4 live shows I haven't reached that level of disenchanted mostly because I didn't wear out their live shows like many have before me. It's still somewhat fresh. And yes I agree that tossing in 3 'rare' songs doesn't a tour make. I like to think that this was a money-grab more for funds to put towards finishing the next album but heck, maybe it was just to fund all their non-band related wants.

In terms of the venue, I've enjoyed their shows in those not in an arena or outdoors for obvious reasons.

Security sucked only if you were accessible and trying to do what you shouldn't have been doing like reefing out or taking pics. I had folks all around me doing both and we were right off a main aisle so there was constant harping by the staff. I had toyed with bringing my little HD cam in but after seeing the metal detectors I said fuck it/don't want to fuck with it and was more than happy to rock out to the sound and visuals without wondering if I was going to get accosted by event staff.

As much as I'd love to catch another show on this tour I'm more than happy and placated until they finish off the next album.