View Single Post
Anti501
01-31-2011, 12:35 PM

I would like to add the sound was phenomenal. Don't know if FOH people read this but I was posted up near the board and I was literally blown back by the sub frequencies---in a good way. Like, the kick and bass were coming from the inside out, and at the same time I could literally feel my shirt being pushed against my chest (no I was not tripping :( ). The interesting thing is despite the sheer force and presence of the low end, the mids and highs were also entirely present without being painfully harsh. Kudos! Except I hate the frigging megaphone (not FOH's fault, I'm sure).

I'd sure like to know how this got pulled off. I've been to lots of concerts (including Tool) and never quite experienced this phenomenon. New technology? Happy accident? Or trade secrets?
Old 01-31-2011, 12:35 PM   #19
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2011/01/14 - Honolulu, HI - Blaisdell Arena

I would like to add the sound was phenomenal. Don't know if FOH people read this but I was posted up near the board and I was literally blown back by the sub frequencies---in a good way. Like, the kick and bass were coming from the inside out, and at the same time I could literally feel my shirt being pushed against my chest (no I was not tripping :( ). The interesting thing is despite the sheer force and presence of the low end, the mids and highs were also entirely present without being painfully harsh. Kudos! Except I hate the frigging megaphone (not FOH's fault, I'm sure).

I'd sure like to know how this got pulled off. I've been to lots of concerts (including Tool) and never quite experienced this phenomenon. New technology? Happy accident? Or trade secrets?
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote