View Single Post
inequitude
01-30-2011, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz8rdr View Post
Wednesday will definitely be longer. Melbourne BDO has a really tight curfew so they couldn't go past 10 like they have at other BDO's.

Amazing show. Better energy than the Gold Goast BDO and Brisbane sideshow.

A few notes:
Maynard actually sang the last 3 lines of Vicarious using the megaphone.
Lateralus again included a bit of Orion.
Sound was so much better than the Gold Coast BDO.
As much as I love Third Eye, I think that Jambi is better opener for a festival show. It really gets the whole crowd amped from the beginning.
On a personal note: Still no Intolerance for me :-( I just booked flights to Adelaide for Friday in case they don't play it on Wednesday. I will hear that song live, damn it! Don't make me go to Perth!
Thanks to everyone for their feedback on this tour. I've enjoyed reading how it's all been going.

If you haven't seen Intolerance already I wouldn't hold your breath mate. Their (Jnr's) light show appears a little too technical to throw in a random song here or there... hence why you don't get any whimsical jamming (bar Lateralus breakdown), samples of new material or, you know, the band having fun.

I don't understand why they bother with the BDO. There are many other places they could be playing sell out gig's around NZ and AUS to appreciative fans, with the opportunity of playing an expanded set with a full rig... not to mention Jakob opening for them each time.

Giving NZ an hour in Auckland (of all places) at the BDO is a bit disrespectful to the country, but who am I to judge or strike down.
It's been about 8 years since they played Chch and Wellington. NZ has the highest album sales per capita in the world I've read, and since the Lateralus tour they've only played two hour long BDO sets.
What the?

Peace out.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:39 PM   #5
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 01.30.11 - Big Day Out - Melbourne

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz8rdr View Post
Wednesday will definitely be longer. Melbourne BDO has a really tight curfew so they couldn't go past 10 like they have at other BDO's.

Amazing show. Better energy than the Gold Goast BDO and Brisbane sideshow.

A few notes:
Maynard actually sang the last 3 lines of Vicarious using the megaphone.
Lateralus again included a bit of Orion.
Sound was so much better than the Gold Coast BDO.
As much as I love Third Eye, I think that Jambi is better opener for a festival show. It really gets the whole crowd amped from the beginning.
On a personal note: Still no Intolerance for me :-( I just booked flights to Adelaide for Friday in case they don't play it on Wednesday. I will hear that song live, damn it! Don't make me go to Perth!
Thanks to everyone for their feedback on this tour. I've enjoyed reading how it's all been going.

If you haven't seen Intolerance already I wouldn't hold your breath mate. Their (Jnr's) light show appears a little too technical to throw in a random song here or there... hence why you don't get any whimsical jamming (bar Lateralus breakdown), samples of new material or, you know, the band having fun.

I don't understand why they bother with the BDO. There are many other places they could be playing sell out gig's around NZ and AUS to appreciative fans, with the opportunity of playing an expanded set with a full rig... not to mention Jakob opening for them each time.

Giving NZ an hour in Auckland (of all places) at the BDO is a bit disrespectful to the country, but who am I to judge or strike down.
It's been about 8 years since they played Chch and Wellington. NZ has the highest album sales per capita in the world I've read, and since the Lateralus tour they've only played two hour long BDO sets.
What the?

Peace out.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote