View Single Post
highlander
01-16-2011, 08:00 PM

3rd time seeing TOOL. Exceptional as always.
They started 1/2 hour late which was appreciated due to the fact that Blaisdell only has one way in for everyone. And I think there was a state shortage of metal detecting wands because there definitely weren't enough being used to get everyone in in a timely manner.

Previous set lists were accurate. And that was the opening for Flood. They played a spot of metallica's Orion in the middle of Lateralus too.

The bands timing was outstanding. I was wondering if try would be a little off after a long layoff.

Maynard introduced Kirk Hammett before Lateralus with something to the effect of: "who likes surprises? Oh, hi Kirk.". Hammett was sporting a nice hawaian shirt. The collaboration did'nt start out great because I think they had kirks volume a little low. But once they got going into Orion, with Adam and Kirk playing the harmonized parts together it sounded awesome.

Danny was wearing a Jayhawks jersey

Overall awesome show. Can't wait until the next time.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:00 PM   #7
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2011/01/14 - Honolulu, HI - Blaisdell Arena

3rd time seeing TOOL. Exceptional as always.
They started 1/2 hour late which was appreciated due to the fact that Blaisdell only has one way in for everyone. And I think there was a state shortage of metal detecting wands because there definitely weren't enough being used to get everyone in in a timely manner.

Previous set lists were accurate. And that was the opening for Flood. They played a spot of metallica's Orion in the middle of Lateralus too.

The bands timing was outstanding. I was wondering if try would be a little off after a long layoff.

Maynard introduced Kirk Hammett before Lateralus with something to the effect of: "who likes surprises? Oh, hi Kirk.". Hammett was sporting a nice hawaian shirt. The collaboration did'nt start out great because I think they had kirks volume a little low. But once they got going into Orion, with Adam and Kirk playing the harmonized parts together it sounded awesome.

Danny was wearing a Jayhawks jersey

Overall awesome show. Can't wait until the next time.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote