View Single Post
theprosperone
05-01-2008, 12:08 AM

You can make things extremely complicated in Reason.

Reason is also an amazing program for running a midi keyboard rig live with a laptop. My band www.myspace.com/ehsomusic ;) uses an 61 key Axiom M Audio Usb Midi keyboard with Reason 3.0. I program drum beats using pads on the keyboard and tapping them out. We also are starting to take samples of us playing other instruments such as banjo, french horn and whatever and running them from the NN XT virtual sampler. Not to mention you can run vocal samples through the vocoder and a number of synths. Cuebase and Abelton Live can also do some amazing things but Reason is hardly limiting. The things that we can pull off live with just two people is pretty cool. Its nice being able to have control over drums, muting of alll instruments, playing multiple instruments and everthing all from one keyboard and laptop. You can also split up the keyboard with the combinator and run several sounds at once. I was just surprised how much I can do with this stuff because I basically purchased the keyboard and program with little experience with it. I learn new tricks every day and making music this way can actually become fairly organic and natural feeling. Not to mention you don't have to just use loops, you can build a song to be completely unique the whole way through, its just all about how much you are willing to put into learing the software.

Last edited by theprosperone; 05-01-2008 at 12:12 AM..
Old 05-01-2008, 12:08 AM   #34
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4
Re: Opinions on music software

You can make things extremely complicated in Reason.

Reason is also an amazing program for running a midi keyboard rig live with a laptop. My band www.myspace.com/ehsomusic ;) uses an 61 key Axiom M Audio Usb Midi keyboard with Reason 3.0. I program drum beats using pads on the keyboard and tapping them out. We also are starting to take samples of us playing other instruments such as banjo, french horn and whatever and running them from the NN XT virtual sampler. Not to mention you can run vocal samples through the vocoder and a number of synths. Cuebase and Abelton Live can also do some amazing things but Reason is hardly limiting. The things that we can pull off live with just two people is pretty cool. Its nice being able to have control over drums, muting of alll instruments, playing multiple instruments and everthing all from one keyboard and laptop. You can also split up the keyboard with the combinator and run several sounds at once. I was just surprised how much I can do with this stuff because I basically purchased the keyboard and program with little experience with it. I learn new tricks every day and making music this way can actually become fairly organic and natural feeling. Not to mention you don't have to just use loops, you can build a song to be completely unique the whole way through, its just all about how much you are willing to put into learing the software.

Last edited by theprosperone; 05-01-2008 at 12:12 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote