View Single Post
elevate's Avatar elevate
05-16-2007, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holotrope View Post
Because you haven't used Reaper yet...
I have. Reaper's routing interface is pretty much a rip-off of Pro-Tools, except the Pro-Tools interface has been placed in a stupid location, and isn't quite as flexible.

Quote:
You might not care, but I do.
I think you're caring about theoretical gains in audio quality that probably don't exist as a practical matter. Unless your source material is all uber-pristine and every component in your audio chain has an insanely low noise floor, it's all pointless. Now, if you're sporting a bunch of Apogee I/O, some Genelec monitors, and an acoustically treated studio space, then yeah, maybe that 64-bit action is actually doing you some good.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:18 PM   #28
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 211
Re: Opinions on music software

Quote:
Originally Posted by holotrope View Post
Because you haven't used Reaper yet...
I have. Reaper's routing interface is pretty much a rip-off of Pro-Tools, except the Pro-Tools interface has been placed in a stupid location, and isn't quite as flexible.

Quote:
You might not care, but I do.
I think you're caring about theoretical gains in audio quality that probably don't exist as a practical matter. Unless your source material is all uber-pristine and every component in your audio chain has an insanely low noise floor, it's all pointless. Now, if you're sporting a bunch of Apogee I/O, some Genelec monitors, and an acoustically treated studio space, then yeah, maybe that 64-bit action is actually doing you some good.