View Single Post
holotrope's Avatar holotrope
05-16-2007, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elevate View Post
I think you might not know how Vegas routing works, which is puzzling as it's the easiest routing interface I've used.
Because you haven't used Reaper yet...

Quote:
I don't know if Vegas' mix engine is 64-bit, and I don't know if I care. It works, and it sounds fine to me. Unless you have absurdly expensive gear and record and mix at 24-bit at 192khz, you're not going to realize any tangible benefits from having the mix engine be 64 bit.

Crossfades affect a mix recorded at any bitrate, and the weaker the mix engine, the more distortion you'll get from the crossfading. You might not care, but I do.
Help people, you lazy bum
Old 05-16-2007, 02:10 PM   #27
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 21
Re: Opinions on music software

Quote:
I think you might not know how Vegas routing works, which is puzzling as it's the easiest routing interface I've used.
Because you haven't used Reaper yet...

Quote:
I don't know if Vegas' mix engine is 64-bit, and I don't know if I care. It works, and it sounds fine to me. Unless you have absurdly expensive gear and record and mix at 24-bit at 192khz, you're not going to realize any tangible benefits from having the mix engine be 64 bit.

Crossfades affect a mix recorded at any bitrate, and the weaker the mix engine, the more distortion you'll get from the crossfading. You might not care, but I do.
Help people, you lazy bum
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote