View Single Post
holotrope's Avatar holotrope
05-12-2007, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elevate View Post
Handling audio "well" is pretty much a baseline prerequisite for any audio application. Anything non-beta and/or commercial-grade is going to handle audio fine. Among multitrack audio sequencers, they all have nearly identical core feature sets. Reaper does represent an excellent value, but it isn't some audio panacea. The interface is kinda clumsy compared to apps like Acid, Vegas, and Sonar. It's also missing some pretty core features, or at least I've never come across them - specifically aux buses and fx buses. I suppose you can get part way there with the mixing matrix, but it's a less than ideal solution, IM0.
Lol, Reaper's interface is designed for people who loved Vegas and miss it, it's really user friendly (I especially like that whatever fader/know you have highlighted is adjustable by scroll-wheel). As far as bussing, you've basically got infinite routing on Reaper, so you can do stuff with fx that you could only dream about before! The ideal solution, IM0.
Help people, you lazy bum
Old 05-12-2007, 01:04 AM   #16
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 21
Re: Opinions on music software

Quote:
Originally Posted by elevate View Post
Handling audio "well" is pretty much a baseline prerequisite for any audio application. Anything non-beta and/or commercial-grade is going to handle audio fine. Among multitrack audio sequencers, they all have nearly identical core feature sets. Reaper does represent an excellent value, but it isn't some audio panacea. The interface is kinda clumsy compared to apps like Acid, Vegas, and Sonar. It's also missing some pretty core features, or at least I've never come across them - specifically aux buses and fx buses. I suppose you can get part way there with the mixing matrix, but it's a less than ideal solution, IM0.
Lol, Reaper's interface is designed for people who loved Vegas and miss it, it's really user friendly (I especially like that whatever fader/know you have highlighted is adjustable by scroll-wheel). As far as bussing, you've basically got infinite routing on Reaper, so you can do stuff with fx that you could only dream about before! The ideal solution, IM0.
Help people, you lazy bum
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote