View Single Post
elevate's Avatar elevate
05-10-2007, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliche101 View Post
I would say use a vsti sampler with MIDI functions and record your riffs to tempos and what not. The problem with using fruity loops and preprogramming your drums is that you cannot change things as you go unless you reopen the program and re-import the files.
This isn't true. For one, you can now record and mix multitrack audio in Fruity Loops. Also, Fruity Loops can be loaded as a VSTi into any other program that can host VSTi plugins. Even if you disregard these two options, you would never have to "re-import" audio files, as they update automagically (I do this with Vegas).
Old 05-10-2007, 07:42 AM   #7
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 211
Re: Opinions on music software

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliche101 View Post
I would say use a vsti sampler with MIDI functions and record your riffs to tempos and what not. The problem with using fruity loops and preprogramming your drums is that you cannot change things as you go unless you reopen the program and re-import the files.
This isn't true. For one, you can now record and mix multitrack audio in Fruity Loops. Also, Fruity Loops can be loaded as a VSTi into any other program that can host VSTi plugins. Even if you disregard these two options, you would never have to "re-import" audio files, as they update automagically (I do this with Vegas).