View Single Post
Old 12-06-2006, 01:56 PM   #5
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/12/04 - Leipzig, GER - Leipzig Arena

What an awesome show. This was my third Tool show and it definately blew München out of the water. Maynard was in a relatively good mood (telling someone to "Suck my dick buddy"). His vocals were lacking a bit, skipping out on some of the more demanding parts. He was also wearing the gas mask again.

The crowd didn't move around very much for either band, but were much more enthusiastic than in München. Maybe it's just the way the people are in Germany, who knows. Where Maynard was lacking, the band definately picked up the slack. There were a lot of solos and mini jam sessions (including an awesome guest solo during Sober by Phil Campbell from Motorhead). Adam is still in my opinion the king of feedback, playing some great solos. Did anyone catch the joke that Maynard made in the beginning about Lil Jon? (What!?! OKAY!). Oh and i didn't even mention the laser show! All i can say is WOW!
The show ended with:
"It's nice to see you all again...if ever, but we hope to see you soon. Spiral... Out" and then Aenema.

Highlights for me were Wings/10KD (what captivating songs...truly beautiful, and no dumbass clapping this time), Lateralus, and Sober. I was really hoping to hear Swamp Song, Eulogy, or The Pot, but the show was still amazing. Definately will go to see them a few times next year.
OFFLINE |