View Single Post
3poundsoflove's Avatar 3poundsoflove
08-30-2007, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niels View Post
To my opinion, the stage setup was definately the festival kit. Not the white setup we saw in Europe last year. And the same with the lasers, they were much more impressive last year, also the three "UFO"-type lighting systems were not there. Maybe the 'Halle was just too small a venue, but I think they left all that stuff back home. Several plants decorated the stage, so I was hoping for a drum off, but no guest appearance tonight. (We got the 6.8 / 9.8 instead.) Justin's stool was already visible on the right, so Wings was expected. The Jahrhunderthalle is actually a very nice venue, quite intimate. I was never this close before. I was also in front of Justin, 3poundsoflove! Were you in the mosh? Those guys screaming during W1&2 in that mosh were Americans, can you believe it? I think they managed to spoil a bit of the show for some of the smaller spectators.... I still can't see how you can mosh your brains out on Wings... I guess I'm just getting old....

I agree about the stage, in November/December it was even greater and more surrounding as impact. But some of the videos and projections were new and different.

about that stupid american ignorant who started to shout bullshit with his awful rough voice, I just hope someone will teach him how to behave. Civilization didn't arrive at his house.

Anyway yeah, I was in front of Justin, near a nice german girl with blond hair. I had the tool official bag and an A Perfect Circle black t-shirt.

once again, the show was great, the acoustic was good even just in front of the amps like was I.
It was my 5th tool show, maybe the best Maynard's performance I've seen (with tool).

I hope for a different song, just one, next sunday in Italy. They have to do a great show, cause after them there are nine inch nails playing, and I don't want people say "NIN was better than tool last night".
http://rateyourmusic.com/~DannyStones my RYM
Old 08-30-2007, 09:04 AM   #10
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 3
Re: 2007/08/28 - Frankfurt, Germany - Jahrhunderthalle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niels View Post
To my opinion, the stage setup was definately the festival kit. Not the white setup we saw in Europe last year. And the same with the lasers, they were much more impressive last year, also the three "UFO"-type lighting systems were not there. Maybe the 'Halle was just too small a venue, but I think they left all that stuff back home. Several plants decorated the stage, so I was hoping for a drum off, but no guest appearance tonight. (We got the 6.8 / 9.8 instead.) Justin's stool was already visible on the right, so Wings was expected. The Jahrhunderthalle is actually a very nice venue, quite intimate. I was never this close before. I was also in front of Justin, 3poundsoflove! Were you in the mosh? Those guys screaming during W1&2 in that mosh were Americans, can you believe it? I think they managed to spoil a bit of the show for some of the smaller spectators.... I still can't see how you can mosh your brains out on Wings... I guess I'm just getting old....

I agree about the stage, in November/December it was even greater and more surrounding as impact. But some of the videos and projections were new and different.

about that stupid american ignorant who started to shout bullshit with his awful rough voice, I just hope someone will teach him how to behave. Civilization didn't arrive at his house.

Anyway yeah, I was in front of Justin, near a nice german girl with blond hair. I had the tool official bag and an A Perfect Circle black t-shirt.

once again, the show was great, the acoustic was good even just in front of the amps like was I.
It was my 5th tool show, maybe the best Maynard's performance I've seen (with tool).

I hope for a different song, just one, next sunday in Italy. They have to do a great show, cause after them there are nine inch nails playing, and I don't want people say "NIN was better than tool last night".
OFFLINE |