View Single Post
Niels's Avatar Niels
08-30-2007, 07:01 AM

To my opinion, the stage setup was definately the festival kit. Not the white setup we saw in Europe last year. And the same with the lasers, they were much more impressive last year, also the three "UFO"-type lighting systems were not there. Maybe the 'Halle was just too small a venue, but I think they left all that stuff back home. Several plants decorated the stage, so I was hoping for a drum off, but no guest appearance tonight. (We got the 6.8 / 9.8 instead.) Justin's stool was already visible on the right, so Wings was expected. The Jahrhunderthalle is actually a very nice venue, quite intimate. I was never this close before. I was also in front of Justin, 3poundsoflove! Were you in the mosh? Those guys screaming during W1&2 in that mosh were Americans, can you believe it? I think they managed to spoil a bit of the show for some of the smaller spectators.... I still can't see how you can mosh your brains out on Wings... I guess I'm just getting old....

My personal favourite was Flood. I had never seen it before live, and it absolutely ROCKED! Second was the new and modified/double-extended Lateralus, awe-inspiring.

Rock on!
Old 08-30-2007, 07:01 AM   #8
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/08/28 - Frankfurt, Germany - Jahrhunderthalle

To my opinion, the stage setup was definately the festival kit. Not the white setup we saw in Europe last year. And the same with the lasers, they were much more impressive last year, also the three "UFO"-type lighting systems were not there. Maybe the 'Halle was just too small a venue, but I think they left all that stuff back home. Several plants decorated the stage, so I was hoping for a drum off, but no guest appearance tonight. (We got the 6.8 / 9.8 instead.) Justin's stool was already visible on the right, so Wings was expected. The Jahrhunderthalle is actually a very nice venue, quite intimate. I was never this close before. I was also in front of Justin, 3poundsoflove! Were you in the mosh? Those guys screaming during W1&2 in that mosh were Americans, can you believe it? I think they managed to spoil a bit of the show for some of the smaller spectators.... I still can't see how you can mosh your brains out on Wings... I guess I'm just getting old....

My personal favourite was Flood. I had never seen it before live, and it absolutely ROCKED! Second was the new and modified/double-extended Lateralus, awe-inspiring.

Rock on!
OFFLINE |