Thread: New Tool Album
View Single Post
asymptotic's Avatar asymptotic
05-06-2019, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesstuff_69 View Post
The point wasn't whether they sound like Tool, they literally reused riffs and all of the same scales without changing very much. If you look back on their progression from opiate > undertow > aenima > Lateralus > 10k days there were overall differences and improvements in playing styles for each album, but if these 2 songs are any indication of how the rest of the album sounds then I would say they've already reached their peak.

I might grow to like these songs, but if you weren't going to take the last 12-13 years to develop something new but just rehash old riffs... ya, as a fan I am going to be disappointed. And to be honest, they can make a complete trash album for all I care, plenty of other bands I've liked have made trash albums, but I still like the stuff I like and maybe they enjoy playing this stuff.
TBH, I can't tell if you're being serious or if you're mocking all the decoy album people of yore.

. . . because what you just wrote is exactly the type of things they were saying about 10,000 Days when it leaked. Bravo.
Old 05-06-2019, 10:38 PM   #1814
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 3
Re: New Tool Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesstuff_69 View Post
The point wasn't whether they sound like Tool, they literally reused riffs and all of the same scales without changing very much. If you look back on their progression from opiate > undertow > aenima > Lateralus > 10k days there were overall differences and improvements in playing styles for each album, but if these 2 songs are any indication of how the rest of the album sounds then I would say they've already reached their peak.

I might grow to like these songs, but if you weren't going to take the last 12-13 years to develop something new but just rehash old riffs... ya, as a fan I am going to be disappointed. And to be honest, they can make a complete trash album for all I care, plenty of other bands I've liked have made trash albums, but I still like the stuff I like and maybe they enjoy playing this stuff.
TBH, I can't tell if you're being serious or if you're mocking all the decoy album people of yore.

. . . because what you just wrote is exactly the type of things they were saying about 10,000 Days when it leaked. Bravo.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote