Thread: New Tool Album
View Single Post
again's Avatar again
05-06-2019, 07:21 AM

My first impression from the two songs played last night is that sounds like Tool but with a different energy/different emotion and I'm not really sure what that emotion is. To me, Undertow felt like anger, self-awareness, introspection. Aenima felt like anger turned into motivation to try really hard to change and control what you can control but let the rest go. Lateralus was trying to focus more on the big picture, if that makes sense. 10,000 never felt as focused on a theme. Maybe no one will agree with any of this. Now the fun part - trying to figure out what he's saying.
Old 05-06-2019, 07:21 AM   #1811
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0
Re: New Tool Album

My first impression from the two songs played last night is that sounds like Tool but with a different energy/different emotion and I'm not really sure what that emotion is. To me, Undertow felt like anger, self-awareness, introspection. Aenima felt like anger turned into motivation to try really hard to change and control what you can control but let the rest go. Lateralus was trying to focus more on the big picture, if that makes sense. 10,000 never felt as focused on a theme. Maybe no one will agree with any of this. Now the fun part - trying to figure out what he's saying.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote