View Single Post
Ghadrack's Avatar Ghadrack
06-06-2007, 09:04 AM

Not a lot to add, the show descriptions have pretty well covered it. I enjoyed this show a little more than the Birmingham show, but I had better seats and the crowd wasn't as much of a factor as it was at the verizon center.

I have to say that I like the layout of this venue and like the indoor venue better for this show. The laser effects in the outdoors were really neat, but i kinda dug how they used the confined space of the indoor venue to do a little more with the lighting effects.

I waited till the last minutes as someone on the boards advised after I got piss poor seats from Tm for the birmingham show, Friday night before the show, first teir seating openned up on TM and I snagged a pair. Our seats were in section 101 Z in a row that didnt' exist but the venue set up folding chairs in the handicapped access seating and sold them, they were better than regular seats, moore room between seats and, we were behind the rails above the crowd by three feet so standing on chair douche-o-matic #763 couldn't obscure my view. It was about as close to a Live Tool show in my recliner as I am gonna get for a while I suppose.

Anyhow, security was actively enforcing the no-smoking policy of the venue, they must have dragged this dumb drunk boobot ot of her seat a few rows down 15 times, every song she tried to smoke on the sly and they busted her every time. Pure comedy, I don't know why they didn't stop the packs of smokes at the front gate and send them back to their car or discard them like they do with bottles and cans if they are going to enforce the policy. Anyhow, that was worth a dozen laughs.

I am getting older and find myself loathing crowds of people more and more as time passes, not that I ever liked them to begin with. But the dumb ass factor can really detract from these shows for me, it's hard to just enjoy the music when you have "just graduated or dropped out of high school, gonna get real drunk and see how many cigarettes I can possibly chain smoke in 2 hours while talking on my cell phone" number 206, or "I'm a bigger fan than you, I'mm gonna scream the words wrong in your ear" dorkbot 503, or I'm so drunk I am throwing up and passing out" idiot, or "I was too lazy to get to the show early but I am going to kick, punch and stomp my way to the front anyway" jerk-ass, just there to act like a moron. Why do these people like ad come to Tool shows anyway..

Anyhow, enough whining from me. Tool put on a great show as always, here's to hoping they keep up the good work for years to come.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:04 AM   #26
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 27
Re: 2007/06/04 - Duluth, GA - Gwinnette Center

Not a lot to add, the show descriptions have pretty well covered it. I enjoyed this show a little more than the Birmingham show, but I had better seats and the crowd wasn't as much of a factor as it was at the verizon center.

I have to say that I like the layout of this venue and like the indoor venue better for this show. The laser effects in the outdoors were really neat, but i kinda dug how they used the confined space of the indoor venue to do a little more with the lighting effects.

I waited till the last minutes as someone on the boards advised after I got piss poor seats from Tm for the birmingham show, Friday night before the show, first teir seating openned up on TM and I snagged a pair. Our seats were in section 101 Z in a row that didnt' exist but the venue set up folding chairs in the handicapped access seating and sold them, they were better than regular seats, moore room between seats and, we were behind the rails above the crowd by three feet so standing on chair douche-o-matic #763 couldn't obscure my view. It was about as close to a Live Tool show in my recliner as I am gonna get for a while I suppose.

Anyhow, security was actively enforcing the no-smoking policy of the venue, they must have dragged this dumb drunk boobot ot of her seat a few rows down 15 times, every song she tried to smoke on the sly and they busted her every time. Pure comedy, I don't know why they didn't stop the packs of smokes at the front gate and send them back to their car or discard them like they do with bottles and cans if they are going to enforce the policy. Anyhow, that was worth a dozen laughs.

I am getting older and find myself loathing crowds of people more and more as time passes, not that I ever liked them to begin with. But the dumb ass factor can really detract from these shows for me, it's hard to just enjoy the music when you have "just graduated or dropped out of high school, gonna get real drunk and see how many cigarettes I can possibly chain smoke in 2 hours while talking on my cell phone" number 206, or "I'm a bigger fan than you, I'mm gonna scream the words wrong in your ear" dorkbot 503, or I'm so drunk I am throwing up and passing out" idiot, or "I was too lazy to get to the show early but I am going to kick, punch and stomp my way to the front anyway" jerk-ass, just there to act like a moron. Why do these people like ad come to Tool shows anyway..

Anyhow, enough whining from me. Tool put on a great show as always, here's to hoping they keep up the good work for years to come.