View Single Post
tool/rush/mars
06-05-2007, 05:35 AM

Great performance, really the best performance I have ever witnessed. My third time seeing Tool and where I was sitting the crowd was pretty awful. I had a dumbass drunk next to me for a while who kept leaning on me, a guy who kept beating up a girl in front of me, and security flashing flashlights on me/people around me for half the show.

It tainted the experience to say the least, but I still enjoyed it..

The sound near the back of the floor was amazing. For a while I went behind the soundboard just to stand there away from everybody, I am kind of short (5'9) and I could see way better just in the very back off the floor away from everyone

but the dumbass security guards wouldn't let anyone stand there, me and a group of about 15 people were standing back there from 46 and 2 - Schism probably and it was really the best place to view the concert for me.

NONE OF US were jumping around/moshing or anything. We were all just standing there. The security guards kept coming up to us telling us to go to our seats and we would move then 2 minutes later go back. It was pretty funny and one security guard came up and got in my face and I didn't even acknowledge his existence and just kind of moved my head so I could see the stage and just stood in front of him with my arms folded.

I just don't understand why security was being such bitches, if we were back there in the BACK OF THE FLOOR where NOBODY WAS blocking NOBODIES VIEW and not even trying to mosh or anything...i don't understand wtf the deal was.

It pissed me off to say the least, finally I got tired of dealing with them and went to my seat where i couldn't really see a damn thing but I decided to just watch the visuals and listen to Tool. It was a great experience, unfortunately a bunch of bullshit was going on around me during push it with this dumbass drunk mexican and his girlfriend who didn't know where they were supposed to be sitting and security coming over to everyone in my row and checking our tickets, THEN some dude literally fighting a GIRL.

How can a band like Tool attract such idiots, i'm nearly embarassed to associate myself with "Tool fans."

I know there are non dumbass tool fans out there, just the whole concert experience seems to attract dumbass meatheads/skanky crackhead girls.

If I am ever a multi millionaire I am going to pay Tool millions to just play a concert for me and a select group of non dumbasses so I can REALLY immerse myself in the experience. Am I the only one who encountered all these dumbasses?

Like in the line at the bathroom I heard TWO different conversations between dudes saying they were going to piss on the floor because they drank too much. Yeah spiral out guys.

Anyways, the performance was amazing and Lateralus literally almost brought me to tears. There will never be something more beautiful in this world than the "swing on the spiral" part during Lateralus. To me it is the pinnacle of all greatness that has ever been achieved in any form ever.

Sorry about my rant, but I seriously could not immerse myself in the song Push It due to jackasses around me, sad really.

Besides Lateralus, Stinkfist was the other highlight for me, flawless performance and the extension was killer.

The visuals during wings for marie were absolutely killer. I was completely sober and there were a few times during the night where my conciousness was lifted to a higher level, but inevitably immediately brought down to earth because some dumbass person around me.

I will probably never go to a concert again, besides the Rush concert I am going too soon. Most concerts attract the kind of people that make it hard for someone like myself to even enjoy a show. I am in the minority and I am well aware of that, I feel out of place at a concert...feel like I should be so drunk I can hardly stand then maybe I would fit in and not worry about dumbasses around cuz...well if you can't beat em join em.

Anyways, thank you Tool for a brilliant performance...this was my third tool show and the crowd was the worst i've experienced, but probably the best performance of all the shows I have been too.

This was also the first Tool show I went to sober. First one I was on shrooms, second one just got high. I can say I actually enjoyed being sober.

Last edited by tool/rush/mars; 06-05-2007 at 05:41 AM..
Old 06-05-2007, 05:35 AM   #13
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 11
Re: 2007/06/04 - Duluth, GA - Gwinnette Center

Great performance, really the best performance I have ever witnessed. My third time seeing Tool and where I was sitting the crowd was pretty awful. I had a dumbass drunk next to me for a while who kept leaning on me, a guy who kept beating up a girl in front of me, and security flashing flashlights on me/people around me for half the show.

It tainted the experience to say the least, but I still enjoyed it..

The sound near the back of the floor was amazing. For a while I went behind the soundboard just to stand there away from everybody, I am kind of short (5'9) and I could see way better just in the very back off the floor away from everyone

but the dumbass security guards wouldn't let anyone stand there, me and a group of about 15 people were standing back there from 46 and 2 - Schism probably and it was really the best place to view the concert for me.

NONE OF US were jumping around/moshing or anything. We were all just standing there. The security guards kept coming up to us telling us to go to our seats and we would move then 2 minutes later go back. It was pretty funny and one security guard came up and got in my face and I didn't even acknowledge his existence and just kind of moved my head so I could see the stage and just stood in front of him with my arms folded.

I just don't understand why security was being such bitches, if we were back there in the BACK OF THE FLOOR where NOBODY WAS blocking NOBODIES VIEW and not even trying to mosh or anything...i don't understand wtf the deal was.

It pissed me off to say the least, finally I got tired of dealing with them and went to my seat where i couldn't really see a damn thing but I decided to just watch the visuals and listen to Tool. It was a great experience, unfortunately a bunch of bullshit was going on around me during push it with this dumbass drunk mexican and his girlfriend who didn't know where they were supposed to be sitting and security coming over to everyone in my row and checking our tickets, THEN some dude literally fighting a GIRL.

How can a band like Tool attract such idiots, i'm nearly embarassed to associate myself with "Tool fans."

I know there are non dumbass tool fans out there, just the whole concert experience seems to attract dumbass meatheads/skanky crackhead girls.

If I am ever a multi millionaire I am going to pay Tool millions to just play a concert for me and a select group of non dumbasses so I can REALLY immerse myself in the experience. Am I the only one who encountered all these dumbasses?

Like in the line at the bathroom I heard TWO different conversations between dudes saying they were going to piss on the floor because they drank too much. Yeah spiral out guys.

Anyways, the performance was amazing and Lateralus literally almost brought me to tears. There will never be something more beautiful in this world than the "swing on the spiral" part during Lateralus. To me it is the pinnacle of all greatness that has ever been achieved in any form ever.

Sorry about my rant, but I seriously could not immerse myself in the song Push It due to jackasses around me, sad really.

Besides Lateralus, Stinkfist was the other highlight for me, flawless performance and the extension was killer.

The visuals during wings for marie were absolutely killer. I was completely sober and there were a few times during the night where my conciousness was lifted to a higher level, but inevitably immediately brought down to earth because some dumbass person around me.

I will probably never go to a concert again, besides the Rush concert I am going too soon. Most concerts attract the kind of people that make it hard for someone like myself to even enjoy a show. I am in the minority and I am well aware of that, I feel out of place at a concert...feel like I should be so drunk I can hardly stand then maybe I would fit in and not worry about dumbasses around cuz...well if you can't beat em join em.

Anyways, thank you Tool for a brilliant performance...this was my third tool show and the crowd was the worst i've experienced, but probably the best performance of all the shows I have been too.

This was also the first Tool show I went to sober. First one I was on shrooms, second one just got high. I can say I actually enjoyed being sober.

Last edited by tool/rush/mars; 06-05-2007 at 05:41 AM..
OFFLINE |