Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/12/01 - Nottingham, UK - Nottingham Arena

Setlist was exactly the same as for the Manchester gig:

Stinkfist (ext)
46 & 2
Jambi
Schism (ext)
Lost Keys (in full, but without the samples)
Rosetta Stoned
The Pot
(Beatle-Mania, Band-Worship intermission, Justin with his lighter etc)
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
(a bit of Merkaba ?)
Lateralus
Vicarious
Aenima

It was a better gig than Manchester however: better acoustics/ sound in the venue, the crowd were a little more into it and the band were just a bit tighter and in a better mood.

I would have traded "Swamp" for "Pot", having already seen this setlist at Manchester, but that's a minor quibble.

I'd probably say this was my favourite TOOL show (it was my 6th).

Highlights for me would be:

- MJK playing the crowd by saying "Wake up", "Long way from Rock City"
- MJK doing his "The good news is there is no bad news" line before Adam ripped into the opening on "Jambi": that set the entire place on fire
- Lost Keys/ Rosetta Stoned !!! That was performed so well and so tightly. It was a tad sloppy and without full momentum at Manchester, but at Nottingham they nailed it completely. The accompanying videos were superb as well.
- The band's "Group Hug" at the end of the gig. Very touching. I think they know they'd just played out of their skins and nailed the mother f*cker.

I drove to the venue as well, so I only had a couple of beers. Being 99% sober and able to fully take in the videos, lights, performance etc was super. I think I'll be sober for all TOOL gigs from now on ;o)

Hails TOOL.

p.s. Not having been at this venue before, it was a bit difficult to find. My friend and I decided to silently follow a group of TOOL fans from Solihull (B'Ham) who didn't know where they were going ! Good job we all got their eventually ;o)

p.p.s. I enjoyed Mastodon's set again, especially "Heart's Alive", but I still think they're a strange choice of support for TOOL - perhaps that's the idea.
OFFLINE |