View Single Post
deppo's Avatar deppo
08-08-2019, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan View Post
or getting rid of fear as a byproduct of aging
Agree. I think he's talking about moving beyond the climate of fear that we live in that divides so many of us today. Fear propagated by the media in particular. 'Spectacle', 'malady' all seem to relate to the media's propensity to report on the things that keep us scared of each other and remind us more of our apparent differences (disparate), rather than similarities. In this way I sort of see the the song as an extension to Vicarious, or at least a progression of that theme.

To me, the song seems to be using the metaphor of breathe and exhalation to expunge oneself of a 'poison' or 'contagion'. Lifting of the veil and seeing that fear and disconnection for the illusion it really is; just a tool for control. I've heard Maynard speak so much recently on the need for people to come together and unite, particularly on Joe Rogan's show, so I think it sort of fits.

This bit is really the crux of it to me.

Now, contagion I exhale you

The deceiver he says you belong to me
You don’t want to breathe the light of the others
Fear the light
Fear the breathe
Fear the others for eternity
But I hear them now inhale the clarity
Hear the venom, the venom in what you say — inoculated
Bless this immunity
Bless this immunity
Bless this immunity

tldr/ ...what Dan said
Old 08-08-2019, 05:53 PM   #6
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 20
Re: Potential meaning of Fear Inoculum... Fear of aging? (Lyrics Inside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan View Post
or getting rid of fear as a byproduct of aging
Agree. I think he's talking about moving beyond the climate of fear that we live in that divides so many of us today. Fear propagated by the media in particular. 'Spectacle', 'malady' all seem to relate to the media's propensity to report on the things that keep us scared of each other and remind us more of our apparent differences (disparate), rather than similarities. In this way I sort of see the the song as an extension to Vicarious, or at least a progression of that theme.

To me, the song seems to be using the metaphor of breathe and exhalation to expunge oneself of a 'poison' or 'contagion'. Lifting of the veil and seeing that fear and disconnection for the illusion it really is; just a tool for control. I've heard Maynard speak so much recently on the need for people to come together and unite, particularly on Joe Rogan's show, so I think it sort of fits.

This bit is really the crux of it to me.

Now, contagion I exhale you

The deceiver he says you belong to me
You don’t want to breathe the light of the others
Fear the light
Fear the breathe
Fear the others for eternity
But I hear them now inhale the clarity
Hear the venom, the venom in what you say — inoculated
Bless this immunity
Bless this immunity
Bless this immunity

tldr/ ...what Dan said