View Single Post
upandatthem
04-21-2006, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineal
"Gimmick numbers"???

I think you've probably got the wrong idea. You see, "music" comes in a variety of forms. Not everything in music is the formulaic pop you might hear on the radio. Some people (often called artists) like to explore the medium of albums through something called "cre-a-tivity". Not everything that results from this alchemic ritual is going to be to everyone's tastes, often because certain pieces are not intended to be listened to individually. A lot of bands and artists make albums that are intended to be listened to that way. They're not going to come to you're house and kill you if you don't, but you might get some patronising arsehole explain to you the idea on a message board - hence this post.

Apologies to everyone who read this post and wasn’t Blyker. I guess seeing these boards go to the shit (though it’s debatable if they were ever anywhere else) is pissing me off.
Good call. It's like he wants us to be liked by everyone. I mean, Led Zeppelin didn't write tunes everybody liked. They left that to the Bee Gees.
Old 04-21-2006, 07:24 PM   #12
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 1
Re: Why should i buy it when i have to reburn it anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineal
"Gimmick numbers"???

I think you've probably got the wrong idea. You see, "music" comes in a variety of forms. Not everything in music is the formulaic pop you might hear on the radio. Some people (often called artists) like to explore the medium of albums through something called "cre-a-tivity". Not everything that results from this alchemic ritual is going to be to everyone's tastes, often because certain pieces are not intended to be listened to individually. A lot of bands and artists make albums that are intended to be listened to that way. They're not going to come to you're house and kill you if you don't, but you might get some patronising arsehole explain to you the idea on a message board - hence this post.

Apologies to everyone who read this post and wasn’t Blyker. I guess seeing these boards go to the shit (though it’s debatable if they were ever anywhere else) is pissing me off.
Good call. It's like he wants us to be liked by everyone. I mean, Led Zeppelin didn't write tunes everybody liked. They left that to the Bee Gees.
OFFLINE |