View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 10:54 PM   #234
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0
Re: TooL Tour without an Album?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellboy1975 View Post
The shows have progressed about as much as the new album it would seem ;)
i absolutely LOVED each and every show i have seen to date. Yes they play a lot of the same stuff, but i have to say it is ALWAYS different. i saw one of the first shows of the 2007 tour and i saw the last show and granted only a couple of songs were switched out, but it was a different venue giving it a smaller stage and the lights had to be positioned differently, plus i saw it from a vastly different vantage point and i had a different chemical compositions… they turned out to be completely different experiences.

I caught the San Diego show of this tour and i was blown the fuck out of my seat. New opener (which I'm sure they've used before but new to me). Vicarious was much softer and slower, almost droning on continuing to build to a huge climax. I got the feeling that Maynard was getting either frustrated or stoked on the crowed singing his songs. He would either try to sing over them or just let them do it. I kept wishing everyone would just shut up and let him sing it…

The Visuals were new (ish) a lot of the same set up, but i commented to my girl that it seems as if they buy an addition to the set with every tour because every time i see them they have a bigger screen, or another laser machine, or all of a sudden this shits moving around every song… it keeps getting bigger and better. I thought it was great they've added a seated floor and an intermission as if it were a symphony. so civilized. Maybe now people will quit calling danny's solo "the intermission" and they'll fucking pay attention to his genius at work!

My point is, Tool is the only band that i will NEVER miss when they come around because i know i won't be disappointed. Every show is a different experience and even if they sat there and played acoustic versions with the house lights on i. will. support. them. Not only because i dig their brand/sound/message, or what i have gained from researching whats behind the lyrics, but because i believe they are artists with integrity who never seem to half ass a Tool project and i feel that they should be able to make a decent living at it.
[Tucson07] [LasVegas07] [Phoenix09] [Tucson12] [SanDiego14] [SanFrancisco16] [SanDiego16] [TheGorge17] [Chicago18] [Denver19] [Denver19] [Glendale20] [Portland20] [Tacoma22] [Anaheim22] [SaltLakeCity22] [Orlando22] [Chicago22] [London22]
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote