View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 05:21 PM   #214
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: TooL Tour without an Album?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentDMT View Post
So I am thinking this tour has some deeper meaning to it than them trying to make a quick buck over the summer. My rationale is as follows:

During the last two tours, they curiously added Flood to the setlist. While it makes sense after Katrina, they continued with it... Flood is lengthy part to the setlist... being an older and less well known piece, its curious they should add this.

This tour is clearly not geared towards making money.... the cities, save a few, are not particularly huge... The tour starts in New Orleans, moves to Houston, and then follows the path up the central US... almost like the path of a hurricane. The first two cities, are the last two cities hit by a major hurricane in the united states... I think on some level, the topography of this tour, mixed with their curious addition of Flood to the setlist, and the fact that this tour is absurdly deviant from their typical pattern leads to the conclusion that they in some way are trying to connect themselves to the coming disasters... Oddly, all signs point to a tulmultuous hydro-carbon laden hurricane season this year.... just a thought. Perhaps they are warning people? Perhaps they are enchanting the hurricanes to come?

All i know, is in 2008, Ike was dancing with landfall on the Floridian coast. So, I stupidly, purchased Intrade shares for a landfall in Florida... From that point on, the hurricane adjusted it course... such that it hit Houston directly (where I live).. The wall of the eye passed directly over my house... I foolishly insulted karma... and it reared its wrathful hand all over my yard and house.... The shape of an eye is the one that all animals perceive equally as the sign for a sentient living being... curious we should also perceive a hurricane to be the same shape... perhaps there are more powerful forces at work whos absurd explanation tests our rational understanding of the natural world. hurricanes are fucking absurdly powerful acts of cosmic fury...

/paranoid schizophrenic rant.

you can bet they will play Flood on this tour.

here comes the water.
Wait, ummmmm.....

I guess the most obvious answer here is that no, Flood has not appeared on the setlist as yet. As to the rest, I'm just speechless.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote