View Single Post
Old 06-26-2010, 12:10 AM   #209
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: TooL Tour without an Album?

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarpete987 View Post
You see, the thing about this is that this side of Maynard doesn't bother me. It's all very ironic, actually. For so long people believed he was one thing and it turns out that he's actually another thing altogether. He was always selling us an image. And we bought it. This was really him all along, but he was playing an act. Kinda like Ziggy Stardust, except Maynard's never had a name. But he's never really presented himself as anything other than extremely sarcastic and blunt. He's even smarter than any of us really ever thought.

Oh, and I don't think Maynard's trying to be "sexy." I think he's just being silly. really.
I agree with the majority of all that is written here other than him being "smarter than any of us thought."

But even with all that being said, it does not take away from the fact that maynard doesnt have the voice he once had. I have looked up every single new live show from this tour and he has to do the live screams during third eye with a voice effect because he cant hit the notes. This is just objective truth and once again, you can not like me, you can choose to not like the way i write about it, but it does not take any validity away from my original point.

I almost feel bad writing this because i like the band and maynard so much and i have honestly seen an actual desire from him, on this tour, to give it all he has and that is all i expect. My respect for him as a live performer has gone up since the last tour. If his heart is not in it, he is doing a good job acting and that is great.

Finally, it looks like the point and purpose of my post has made an impact and done what it was meant to do in the first place. Im sure he has seen this post and is now trying to prove the "haters" wrong and therefore giving you, the consumer, a better performance.

You can write your thank you messages addressed to me in this thread or via PM if you would like to extend your appreciation for improving your quality of life and concert going experience.

Last edited by Elton John; 06-26-2010 at 12:19 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote