View Single Post
swampyfool's Avatar swampyfool
05-23-2006, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunBurN
Ok, I'm hearing "divide HELL and wither it away x2

or

"divide HELL, wither it away" x2

Not completely sure, but it's what I hear from the album version and 3 of the live versions. Anyone else hear that?
No, but do hear that "H" sound after divide. It just sounds to me like emphasis provided by the rising pitch of the voice and the aggressively vulnerable tone of that lyric- which I believe to be "Divided, I'm witherin' away." I just don't think that the "devil" reference is enough to justify that context. I see this more as a general disavowment of any division than a religious reference.
But I'll pull through
Old 05-23-2006, 08:53 AM   #353
Ron Swampson

Bincount™: 5576
Re: lyrics - official thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunBurN
Ok, I'm hearing "divide HELL and wither it away x2

or

"divide HELL, wither it away" x2

Not completely sure, but it's what I hear from the album version and 3 of the live versions. Anyone else hear that?
No, but do hear that "H" sound after divide. It just sounds to me like emphasis provided by the rising pitch of the voice and the aggressively vulnerable tone of that lyric- which I believe to be "Divided, I'm witherin' away." I just don't think that the "devil" reference is enough to justify that context. I see this more as a general disavowment of any division than a religious reference.
But I'll pull through
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote