View Single Post
MyrrorMynd's Avatar MyrrorMynd
05-22-2006, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muladhara
*headdesk*

I give up trying to convince people that it's leech, considering that there's far more evidence out there for it to be leech than legion, what with Maynard making regular remarks about hating the 'leeches', the 'vampires' and the 'bloodsuckers' and absolutely none about obscure Christian demons who bare no relevance to anything in the song apart from vaguely the line "tempted the Devil with my song", which nobody seems to want to think means "made a deal with a record company agent", instead assuming that Maynard is talking about the biblical Devil, I find it amazing that anybody would think it's anything but "silence leech and save your poison, silence leech and stay out of my way."

But I'll just wait for the official lyrics to be posted.
People may be reading too much into the word legion. Legion, according to the dictionary, is "multitude: a large number of people or things." So, "Silent legion, save your precious silence. You just stay out of my way." He could be talking just about the silent masses out there who never say anything, never do anything to change this state of affairs. And he's saying save your precious silence, because he is obviously not staying silent about how he feels. Save your silence and stay out of my way. Seems pretty straight forward to me. Sorry that you find it so amazing. By the way, I don't find your interpretation amazing. You could be right.
Old 05-22-2006, 02:39 AM   #345
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: lyrics - official thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muladhara
*headdesk*

I give up trying to convince people that it's leech, considering that there's far more evidence out there for it to be leech than legion, what with Maynard making regular remarks about hating the 'leeches', the 'vampires' and the 'bloodsuckers' and absolutely none about obscure Christian demons who bare no relevance to anything in the song apart from vaguely the line "tempted the Devil with my song", which nobody seems to want to think means "made a deal with a record company agent", instead assuming that Maynard is talking about the biblical Devil, I find it amazing that anybody would think it's anything but "silence leech and save your poison, silence leech and stay out of my way."

But I'll just wait for the official lyrics to be posted.
People may be reading too much into the word legion. Legion, according to the dictionary, is "multitude: a large number of people or things." So, "Silent legion, save your precious silence. You just stay out of my way." He could be talking just about the silent masses out there who never say anything, never do anything to change this state of affairs. And he's saying save your precious silence, because he is obviously not staying silent about how he feels. Save your silence and stay out of my way. Seems pretty straight forward to me. Sorry that you find it so amazing. By the way, I don't find your interpretation amazing. You could be right.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote