Thread: Watching TV
View Single Post
jevons
06-02-2007, 01:05 PM

agreed, however, have you ever been completely insane? you don't have to be steeped in a medium to have it play a predominant role-- it just has to matter, be on your mind a lot.
i, after many, many E's and what i was told was ketamine (turned out to be G [GHB, fucking keyboard cleaner]), more E's and more E's, i wound up wandering this rave convinced a guy on the main stage wanted me to find him. Wandering around this massive park, passing all the different stages, i kept trying to solve this riddle: an assortment of words i had to rearrange and speak to him before sunrise in order to claim the prize-- once i found the main stage.
There was no contest, i hadn't won anything, there was no MC. The voice on the speakers was in my head. To add insult to injury, the shock of realising i had imagined it all turned into a violent compounding of denial upon paranoia as i (over the next three days) began to return to sanity.
I haven't thought myself special in a very long time, but the idea of ''winning'' tosses around in my head a lot; how people can be so self-righteous just because they have something (?) and so on.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but maybe we could push a little more into their intent, or perspective.

Considering the way the world is, and how many fucked examples of insanity we can find without really trying, a natural (and weak) assumption to make is ''surely this must end. It is too buggered to stay. Surely this must end!''
This comforts those who feel impotent to do anything about it; instead of purging this notion, the coddle it; inadvertently assisting the feelings of helplessness in others.
This album concerns the impotent, and how they fuck.
So sure, he's drawing on t.v. for examples, but to reassure himself. I think all of that is beneath the idea that he thinks it's all going to end. Television serves as the imagery to justify his death wish. He's trying to bleed his ''this must end'' insanity, which he has tapped from the collective insanities of humanity, back into the collective. To do this, he would need a common ground: television.

Last edited by jevons; 06-02-2007 at 01:07 PM..
Old 06-02-2007, 01:05 PM   #2
Banned.

Bincount™: 779
Re: Watching TV

agreed, however, have you ever been completely insane? you don't have to be steeped in a medium to have it play a predominant role-- it just has to matter, be on your mind a lot.
i, after many, many E's and what i was told was ketamine (turned out to be G [GHB, fucking keyboard cleaner]), more E's and more E's, i wound up wandering this rave convinced a guy on the main stage wanted me to find him. Wandering around this massive park, passing all the different stages, i kept trying to solve this riddle: an assortment of words i had to rearrange and speak to him before sunrise in order to claim the prize-- once i found the main stage.
There was no contest, i hadn't won anything, there was no MC. The voice on the speakers was in my head. To add insult to injury, the shock of realising i had imagined it all turned into a violent compounding of denial upon paranoia as i (over the next three days) began to return to sanity.
I haven't thought myself special in a very long time, but the idea of ''winning'' tosses around in my head a lot; how people can be so self-righteous just because they have something (?) and so on.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but maybe we could push a little more into their intent, or perspective.

Considering the way the world is, and how many fucked examples of insanity we can find without really trying, a natural (and weak) assumption to make is ''surely this must end. It is too buggered to stay. Surely this must end!''
This comforts those who feel impotent to do anything about it; instead of purging this notion, the coddle it; inadvertently assisting the feelings of helplessness in others.
This album concerns the impotent, and how they fuck.
So sure, he's drawing on t.v. for examples, but to reassure himself. I think all of that is beneath the idea that he thinks it's all going to end. Television serves as the imagery to justify his death wish. He's trying to bleed his ''this must end'' insanity, which he has tapped from the collective insanities of humanity, back into the collective. To do this, he would need a common ground: television.

Last edited by jevons; 06-02-2007 at 01:07 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote