Thread: Watching TV
View Single Post
]v[edusa
06-01-2007, 02:35 PM

I got this idea from "the nurses voice" thread. Sorry if someone said this.

Ok, here is part of my thought.

Doesn't the act in Lost Keys seem like something you would see in a hospital on TV ? like the hot nurse? This obviously isnt a hospital that you would find in reality anywhere. When do you ever see/hear nurses with high heels walking all sexy down a hospitals hallway?

I think Tool would have done a better job at imitating a hospital. They obviously did this for a reason. I truly believe that Lost Keys and Rosetta Stoned was meant to be some sort of play.

Earlier on the album Tool made a song about how we shouldnt be so glued to the TV and now, if it is true that LK/RS is a play, they created a story for us because we love to be entertained?

Its kinda like a double message. One of the messages being the message of the story. The other would be how and why they have created a tragic story for us.

Ohh I should also point this out about Rosetta Stoned.

The guy was a TVholic. He compared everything he saw during the trip/abduction with what he saw on TV. Did anyone ever wonder if the guy would have had a more relaxed time if he never watched TV? In the song Vicarious Maynard sings about people watching tradegy and watching things dying from a distance, "I live while the whole world dies much better you than I." People who watch a lot of TV think that such "crazy" things as aliens and death would never happen in their reality. But what happens when everything that you have watched on TV becomes reality? well.... I think this Rosetta Stoned "play" explains it nicely.

Its kinda interesting isnt it? Because one of the messages in this play talks about the dangers of being a TVholic and yet people are listening to the song getting entertained by it.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:35 PM   #1
Banned.

Bincount™: 51
Watching TV

I got this idea from "the nurses voice" thread. Sorry if someone said this.

Ok, here is part of my thought.

Doesn't the act in Lost Keys seem like something you would see in a hospital on TV ? like the hot nurse? This obviously isnt a hospital that you would find in reality anywhere. When do you ever see/hear nurses with high heels walking all sexy down a hospitals hallway?

I think Tool would have done a better job at imitating a hospital. They obviously did this for a reason. I truly believe that Lost Keys and Rosetta Stoned was meant to be some sort of play.

Earlier on the album Tool made a song about how we shouldnt be so glued to the TV and now, if it is true that LK/RS is a play, they created a story for us because we love to be entertained?

Its kinda like a double message. One of the messages being the message of the story. The other would be how and why they have created a tragic story for us.

Ohh I should also point this out about Rosetta Stoned.

The guy was a TVholic. He compared everything he saw during the trip/abduction with what he saw on TV. Did anyone ever wonder if the guy would have had a more relaxed time if he never watched TV? In the song Vicarious Maynard sings about people watching tradegy and watching things dying from a distance, "I live while the whole world dies much better you than I." People who watch a lot of TV think that such "crazy" things as aliens and death would never happen in their reality. But what happens when everything that you have watched on TV becomes reality? well.... I think this Rosetta Stoned "play" explains it nicely.

Its kinda interesting isnt it? Because one of the messages in this play talks about the dangers of being a TVholic and yet people are listening to the song getting entertained by it.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote