Thread: Official Lyrics
View Single Post
withSpirit
08-13-2009, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leefnaspleaf View Post
Sorry, I wasn't really knocking the religion, just knocking the people who seem to really really want Tool to be singing about it.

EDIT: Actually I guess it's pretty obvious that they are kind of singing about it, so I guess I should probably be better about that. (Though actually I think in this instance you, the listener, are the benevolent Son/Jesus, and the benevolent Sun is the prime-source/God. Neat place to have such an obvious pun, actually because as we see the "two become one," which relates nicely to the concept of tiphareth as sicbanana pointed out (tiphareth has to do with the idea that we all have a divine spark.))
There are far more people who desperately want to believe that Tool is knocking religion in every song. Unfortunately, that quit being the case about 15 years ago, and is in fact quite the opposite now.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:34 PM   #93
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Official Lyrics

Quote:
Originally Posted by leefnaspleaf View Post
Sorry, I wasn't really knocking the religion, just knocking the people who seem to really really want Tool to be singing about it.

EDIT: Actually I guess it's pretty obvious that they are kind of singing about it, so I guess I should probably be better about that. (Though actually I think in this instance you, the listener, are the benevolent Son/Jesus, and the benevolent Sun is the prime-source/God. Neat place to have such an obvious pun, actually because as we see the "two become one," which relates nicely to the concept of tiphareth as sicbanana pointed out (tiphareth has to do with the idea that we all have a divine spark.))
There are far more people who desperately want to believe that Tool is knocking religion in every song. Unfortunately, that quit being the case about 15 years ago, and is in fact quite the opposite now.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote