Thread: Official Lyrics
View Single Post
eyedriht
02-06-2008, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CainisAbel View Post
ok so ...I think Jambi is in part about his mom. I'm a mom so I know! Without getting down to individual words here, I wonder that MJK was so changed by his mothers illness and his loss that the creative edge he developed came in part due to this sad event BUT along with this double edged sword, guilt was a major byproduct for him.
TO me He may be singing about living the life of a rock star, knowing he has this life because of his mothers suffering [n part].
Judith replies to the tune of "its ok son because you can use your status to glorify my life by influencing so many people to be better, wiser, loving etc. Then her life was worth so much more and so is his??? ....yes/no maybe wise ones??
I like that idea.

You really start to reflect and think back A LOT when you lose your mother (especially if you're very close). I have shared a few of the bitter experiences that Maynard has, Seeing your mother go from healthy to paralyzed, Knowing she's going to die soon and having to watch all of this and pretending that it doesn't bother you (at least infront of her) when it rips you to shreds inside.... We were also very close, almost like friends instead of a parent/child relationship. She was also a very faithful christian woman her whole life. Wich I don't think there is anything wrong with BTW... That is one of the few things I don't have in common with Maynard, I don't really like how the churches go about doing things but the underlined message is positive (at least in my experience).
Old 02-06-2008, 12:36 PM   #85
Banned.

Bincount™: 2
Re: Official Lyrics

Quote:
Originally Posted by CainisAbel View Post
ok so ...I think Jambi is in part about his mom. I'm a mom so I know! Without getting down to individual words here, I wonder that MJK was so changed by his mothers illness and his loss that the creative edge he developed came in part due to this sad event BUT along with this double edged sword, guilt was a major byproduct for him.
TO me He may be singing about living the life of a rock star, knowing he has this life because of his mothers suffering [n part].
Judith replies to the tune of "its ok son because you can use your status to glorify my life by influencing so many people to be better, wiser, loving etc. Then her life was worth so much more and so is his??? ....yes/no maybe wise ones??
I like that idea.

You really start to reflect and think back A LOT when you lose your mother (especially if you're very close). I have shared a few of the bitter experiences that Maynard has, Seeing your mother go from healthy to paralyzed, Knowing she's going to die soon and having to watch all of this and pretending that it doesn't bother you (at least infront of her) when it rips you to shreds inside.... We were also very close, almost like friends instead of a parent/child relationship. She was also a very faithful christian woman her whole life. Wich I don't think there is anything wrong with BTW... That is one of the few things I don't have in common with Maynard, I don't really like how the churches go about doing things but the underlined message is positive (at least in my experience).
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote