View Single Post
Old 09-14-2006, 09:10 PM   #7
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/14 - Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center

Setlist posted above is correct.

Show started at about 9:14 and ended at 11:00. Really a great show considering all that has been going on with Maynard lately, and the setlist was better, and longer, than I think most people expected. Maynard was fairly active, and made a few funny comments, such as:

FYI, I AM STILL SICK!
"This is the last song" was said after each of the last 3 songs.
"I really have to take to take a piss" was said about 5 times.
I'm about to piss everywhere so we're going to need another Noah's Arc.

The sound was good, not the best ever, but acceptable. The vocals and Adam were pretty clear, but I think Justin was turned DOWN considerably compared to the McFarlin show (odd, I know). Maybe Justin just wasn't as CRISP as I remember him being at McFarlin, though he was still INCREDIBLE to watch. Also, Maynard sang about 99.9 percent of the lyrics, so seems he's back on track with that.

To the bastard that basically took Justin's pick from me...well, consider yourself lucky to have it. I had my eye on that pick on the ground for 5 minutes and nobody knew it was there, I just couldn't reach over to get it without getting stomped on.

By the way, 10K Days and Wings were probably the most magical songs I've ever heard played at any concert.

Last edited by goosenesque; 09-14-2006 at 09:16 PM..
OFFLINE |