View Single Post
medhead964
02-09-2012, 03:05 PM

I was at the show in Orlando in 07. I remember the moshing. I was also at the Tampa show that same tour, before the Orlando show I believe. In Tampa some drunk douchbag jumped up on stage as the band was doing their end of show waves. Really nice.

To add another personal experience...A few friends and I drove up to Atlanta to see A Perfect Circle last year. The music was amazing, but I couldn't see shit. Outside the venue, there were printed sheets posted about every twenty feet on the walls all around the building saying (paraphrasing): When the music starts, treat it as you would an Opera, or a movie...Which I took it to mean "sit the fuck down and enjoy the show".
We thought we got lucky, got up to the second balcony, and got second row, thinking that we'd have an unobstructed view. Of course when the music started the people in the front row, balcony looking down, stood the whole show, which blocked everyone in the entire section from seeing ANYTHING. And the thing that killed me more, was that these people, who luckily got tix to a show that sold out in 5 minutes, complained the entire show that they weren't "playin' any TOOL tunes", and kept drunkenly yelling "SOBER!".

I guess everyone has their own opinions about this.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:05 PM   #23
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 02.07.2012 - Orlando, FL @ UCF Arena

I was at the show in Orlando in 07. I remember the moshing. I was also at the Tampa show that same tour, before the Orlando show I believe. In Tampa some drunk douchbag jumped up on stage as the band was doing their end of show waves. Really nice.

To add another personal experience...A few friends and I drove up to Atlanta to see A Perfect Circle last year. The music was amazing, but I couldn't see shit. Outside the venue, there were printed sheets posted about every twenty feet on the walls all around the building saying (paraphrasing): When the music starts, treat it as you would an Opera, or a movie...Which I took it to mean "sit the fuck down and enjoy the show".
We thought we got lucky, got up to the second balcony, and got second row, thinking that we'd have an unobstructed view. Of course when the music started the people in the front row, balcony looking down, stood the whole show, which blocked everyone in the entire section from seeing ANYTHING. And the thing that killed me more, was that these people, who luckily got tix to a show that sold out in 5 minutes, complained the entire show that they weren't "playin' any TOOL tunes", and kept drunkenly yelling "SOBER!".

I guess everyone has their own opinions about this.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote