View Single Post
randomdropdead
02-08-2012, 07:00 PM

The show was fantastic. This was my third show, and I was as impressed as I have ever been by Tool. Thankfully we got lost on the way and missed the opening band, after the Japanese screamo music I had to endure on the 10,000 days tour I think opening for Tool is a curse.

I have to say that only Tool can put on a concert of that magnitude and expect everyone to sit the fuck down and just listen. I have never been to a rock/metal/progressive/whateveryouwanttolabelit show and seen the floor with chairs in it. It is almost like the band was saying "stop slamming your heads together and listen to this"--Epic

On that same point, I was in 203 and had a great view except for Stacy the Gypsy dancer in front of me. I get it, the music is awesome and makes you want to move, and if you weren't the only people standing up I would have just stood up too. However me standing would force the people behind me to stand and ect. Unlike Medhead964's situation, I asked her politely to sit down and was promptly told no. So then I made sure that in the same way I will never forget seeing Tool in Orlando play HWOP while looking around dancing girl, she will never forget seeing Tool perform Parabola while hearing me bitching about it in her ear. Anyways enough of that.

The band was amazing as usual, MJK put in an awesome performance for a 47 year old and Adam, Danny, and Justin were on point. I felt a few mistakes here and there, perhaps some were intentional deviations from the original..only the band knows. Those mistakes proved to me two very important things, #1 it is in fact live, and #2 they are in fact human. After almost 20 years of following the band and listening to them evolve I was beginning to wonder if they were in fact human.

The visuals were stellar as well, I would say they are on par with any other band out there, Nine Inch Nails would be a close second. I did miss the white stage from 10,000 days though.

As for the setlist, my friends and I were talking about it and we decided there is no song by Tool that comes at the end of the phrase "I'm glad they didn't play.."

It was cool to see everyone from kids with their dads to old guys there rocking out to what I believe to be the greatest band ever, I only hope they keep it up long enough for me to be able to take my sons to see them someday.

In closing I am thankful they came, its been like 5 years, and I cannot wait for the next release. I will be there.

-pushing and shoving and pushing me..There's no love in that.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:00 PM   #16
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 02.07.2012 - Orlando, FL @ UCF Arena

The show was fantastic. This was my third show, and I was as impressed as I have ever been by Tool. Thankfully we got lost on the way and missed the opening band, after the Japanese screamo music I had to endure on the 10,000 days tour I think opening for Tool is a curse.

I have to say that only Tool can put on a concert of that magnitude and expect everyone to sit the fuck down and just listen. I have never been to a rock/metal/progressive/whateveryouwanttolabelit show and seen the floor with chairs in it. It is almost like the band was saying "stop slamming your heads together and listen to this"--Epic

On that same point, I was in 203 and had a great view except for Stacy the Gypsy dancer in front of me. I get it, the music is awesome and makes you want to move, and if you weren't the only people standing up I would have just stood up too. However me standing would force the people behind me to stand and ect. Unlike Medhead964's situation, I asked her politely to sit down and was promptly told no. So then I made sure that in the same way I will never forget seeing Tool in Orlando play HWOP while looking around dancing girl, she will never forget seeing Tool perform Parabola while hearing me bitching about it in her ear. Anyways enough of that.

The band was amazing as usual, MJK put in an awesome performance for a 47 year old and Adam, Danny, and Justin were on point. I felt a few mistakes here and there, perhaps some were intentional deviations from the original..only the band knows. Those mistakes proved to me two very important things, #1 it is in fact live, and #2 they are in fact human. After almost 20 years of following the band and listening to them evolve I was beginning to wonder if they were in fact human.

The visuals were stellar as well, I would say they are on par with any other band out there, Nine Inch Nails would be a close second. I did miss the white stage from 10,000 days though.

As for the setlist, my friends and I were talking about it and we decided there is no song by Tool that comes at the end of the phrase "I'm glad they didn't play.."

It was cool to see everyone from kids with their dads to old guys there rocking out to what I believe to be the greatest band ever, I only hope they keep it up long enough for me to be able to take my sons to see them someday.

In closing I am thankful they came, its been like 5 years, and I cannot wait for the next release. I will be there.

-pushing and shoving and pushing me..There's no love in that.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote