View Single Post
biff
02-02-2012, 06:25 AM

To the reviewer that says Tool mail it in at Jersey shows... I'd amend that to North Jersey/NYC area shows. I gotta say... I don't blame them. The section I was in 121 (yes basically the entire section with some exceptions) was more interested in shouting over the music to continue whatever pointless conversation they were having at the time than actually getting what they paid for. Intension? Forget it. I'd wager that the band could hear the murmur of voices coming from the crowd during the quiet parts. You learn more by listening than by talking... seems that never made it's way up here. Brutal. Shut up and listen.

My 25th (or so, gotta get a count one of these days) Tool show since 97 and while definitely still great was one of their more lackluster performances, especially compared to the magic that happened Sunday in Camden (of all places, though by and large Philly rock crowds are better). Sober with the DJ was somewhat of a failure, and interrupted the flow of the show just as it had gotten rolling. Pushit was great but MJK did not deliver like the did on Sunday as he did not sustain notes during the chorus ("shoot it in me" as opposed to "shoot it in meeeeeeeEEEEE" on Sunday). He did nail the crescendo and ending though. I love the "shut the fuck up" where the old "shut up and" used to be in Hooker. First time I've ever seen Adam mail it in, again especially compared to Sunday's show down south where he actually was doing some headbanging (!!!). Danny was great, per usual but was basically just doing his job without adding anything new or spectacular. Justin only seemed to really engage at the end. Like I said, great show, but by Tool's incredibly high standards, it ranks near the bottom of the shows I've seen. One highlight was the guest drummer. Definitely a fan living the dream and was nice to see his enthusiasm.

Dear Jersey and NYC, I love you but "shut the fuck up" and listen. Cannot stress enough how annoying your crowds are... so much better for everyone if you save your money, stay home, listen to the records at a low volume and carry on your conversations there.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:25 AM   #16
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 02.01.2012 - East Rutherford, NJ @ Izod Centre

To the reviewer that says Tool mail it in at Jersey shows... I'd amend that to North Jersey/NYC area shows. I gotta say... I don't blame them. The section I was in 121 (yes basically the entire section with some exceptions) was more interested in shouting over the music to continue whatever pointless conversation they were having at the time than actually getting what they paid for. Intension? Forget it. I'd wager that the band could hear the murmur of voices coming from the crowd during the quiet parts. You learn more by listening than by talking... seems that never made it's way up here. Brutal. Shut up and listen.

My 25th (or so, gotta get a count one of these days) Tool show since 97 and while definitely still great was one of their more lackluster performances, especially compared to the magic that happened Sunday in Camden (of all places, though by and large Philly rock crowds are better). Sober with the DJ was somewhat of a failure, and interrupted the flow of the show just as it had gotten rolling. Pushit was great but MJK did not deliver like the did on Sunday as he did not sustain notes during the chorus ("shoot it in me" as opposed to "shoot it in meeeeeeeEEEEE" on Sunday). He did nail the crescendo and ending though. I love the "shut the fuck up" where the old "shut up and" used to be in Hooker. First time I've ever seen Adam mail it in, again especially compared to Sunday's show down south where he actually was doing some headbanging (!!!). Danny was great, per usual but was basically just doing his job without adding anything new or spectacular. Justin only seemed to really engage at the end. Like I said, great show, but by Tool's incredibly high standards, it ranks near the bottom of the shows I've seen. One highlight was the guest drummer. Definitely a fan living the dream and was nice to see his enthusiasm.

Dear Jersey and NYC, I love you but "shut the fuck up" and listen. Cannot stress enough how annoying your crowds are... so much better for everyone if you save your money, stay home, listen to the records at a low volume and carry on your conversations there.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote