View Single Post
sp103
01-29-2012, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laterabola View Post
It may have been "a dope 'Slipknot' Tee," but I am not positive.
That's correct.

So here's my review: I haven't seen Tool since 1998 and figured it was about damn time. I have bad hearing so large scale concerts are something a do not frequent at all but I found a balcony ticket on Ticketmaster saturday morning so I said what the hell.

#1. Sound-I thought at first it was just my seat location (328 side of stage) that caused the low volume, but apparently it was the entire arena. For me I loved it because I didn't even need earplugs which is amazing. It was a tad difficult to hear Maynard at times, but wow Tool still perfects their sound. Every other soundguy from a major rock tour should come get a lesson from Tool.
#2. Venue-TD Garden's security was a little rough getting in as they shut down half the entrances but the line moved fast and pat-down was friend. Once the show started I only saw them a few times stopping people from video taping. Nobody got yelled at for taking a picture with their Iphone. What really pissed me off is they shut off beer service two songs into tool! The crowd was NOT raucous in anyway, and by 10pm you couldn't even get a soda or hot dog. TD Garden acted like they didn't even want this concert to occur.
#3. Crowd-Sadly, very dead. When they started HWAP it was literally like only half the audience knew that song. Overall our crowd was pretty quiet. Most fans outside and in the bars before the show were between 25-40, and some CLEARLY forgot the PCU rule of NOT wearing the band T-shirt OF THE BAND YOUR GOING TO SEE. Good god!
#4. Visuals-I guess I had such high expectations I was a little disappointed, but they really use the lasers well. From my vantage point I could see Danny has a drum tech (wearing a white lab coat!) behind him at all times.
#5. Setlist-This REALLY pissed me off. Now of course I knew what I was getting into, but your a band with 4 albums and 1 EP and you only play for 1 hour, 32 minutes is just ridiculous. I was IRATE when they returned for the encore and heard anema start. Right there I knew we got screwed out of a song. And it CERTAINLY wasn't due to time restraints as TD garden allows shows to go to 11:30pm and they ended at 10:47pm. There's no excuse here, they should play 2 hours and add 2-3 more songs onto the setlist. Would it absolutely kill them to play a couple of 3 minute songs off of Opiate or Undertow?

Overall, I was OK with this show but the short playtime and setlist makes me feel like their just mailing all of it in for the money.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:01 AM   #30
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 01.28.2012 - Boston, MA @ TD Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laterabola View Post
It may have been "a dope 'Slipknot' Tee," but I am not positive.
That's correct.

So here's my review: I haven't seen Tool since 1998 and figured it was about damn time. I have bad hearing so large scale concerts are something a do not frequent at all but I found a balcony ticket on Ticketmaster saturday morning so I said what the hell.

#1. Sound-I thought at first it was just my seat location (328 side of stage) that caused the low volume, but apparently it was the entire arena. For me I loved it because I didn't even need earplugs which is amazing. It was a tad difficult to hear Maynard at times, but wow Tool still perfects their sound. Every other soundguy from a major rock tour should come get a lesson from Tool.
#2. Venue-TD Garden's security was a little rough getting in as they shut down half the entrances but the line moved fast and pat-down was friend. Once the show started I only saw them a few times stopping people from video taping. Nobody got yelled at for taking a picture with their Iphone. What really pissed me off is they shut off beer service two songs into tool! The crowd was NOT raucous in anyway, and by 10pm you couldn't even get a soda or hot dog. TD Garden acted like they didn't even want this concert to occur.
#3. Crowd-Sadly, very dead. When they started HWAP it was literally like only half the audience knew that song. Overall our crowd was pretty quiet. Most fans outside and in the bars before the show were between 25-40, and some CLEARLY forgot the PCU rule of NOT wearing the band T-shirt OF THE BAND YOUR GOING TO SEE. Good god!
#4. Visuals-I guess I had such high expectations I was a little disappointed, but they really use the lasers well. From my vantage point I could see Danny has a drum tech (wearing a white lab coat!) behind him at all times.
#5. Setlist-This REALLY pissed me off. Now of course I knew what I was getting into, but your a band with 4 albums and 1 EP and you only play for 1 hour, 32 minutes is just ridiculous. I was IRATE when they returned for the encore and heard anema start. Right there I knew we got screwed out of a song. And it CERTAINLY wasn't due to time restraints as TD garden allows shows to go to 11:30pm and they ended at 10:47pm. There's no excuse here, they should play 2 hours and add 2-3 more songs onto the setlist. Would it absolutely kill them to play a couple of 3 minute songs off of Opiate or Undertow?

Overall, I was OK with this show but the short playtime and setlist makes me feel like their just mailing all of it in for the money.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote