View Single Post
Bulwyf
01-29-2012, 06:20 AM

Great performance, my first Tool show!

Was up in lower 313, seemed a lot of the time the crowd was drowning out Maynard. Probably in part to where I was sitting, in the back corner on the side, so to the right of me was the whole back wall of people. I have to say it was kind of magical to hear like 10,000(?) people singing along with feeling to the songs that I love. Heh, was a nice sharing moment. ;) I think Maynard appreciated it too, he looked to be enjoying himself. He didn't seem to "sneak" offstage like other people say he has at other shows. He went front stage and was pointing/acknowledging every section of the crowd. Then he started heading out the back of the stage, stopped came back and fist-bumbed Danny, then exited to the left (they were coming on/off the right all night). I think I saw him come back on stage right after the rest of the band left and head over to the right side, but it might have been a tech.

Oh, an no drum battle either? First night of Yab instead of Intronaught, they couldn't come up for it? Danny did a solo during Lateralus and Maynard said "Danny Carey" after it. No the Pot either, like others have said. :(

Shout out to the wasted guy in the chi phi shirt next to us, who face planted into the row in front of us dominoing the next couple people over into the next couple rows, after Jambi. Didn't look like anyone really got hurt and suprisingly no one got pissed.

Another Maynardism:
He did the "Some of these songs are pretty old. We haven't sung some of these songs, ...since some of you were sperm. (then he said something else that I missed because I was repeating what he said to someone else). Think that was right before Ticks or Pushit. Anyone catch what he said at the end?

I'll be at Mohegan Sun on Tuesday. Hoping since it's a smaller venue I'll have better seats and will hear Maynard better over the crowd.
Old 01-29-2012, 06:20 AM   #18
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 01.28.2012 - Boston, MA @ TD Garden

Great performance, my first Tool show!

Was up in lower 313, seemed a lot of the time the crowd was drowning out Maynard. Probably in part to where I was sitting, in the back corner on the side, so to the right of me was the whole back wall of people. I have to say it was kind of magical to hear like 10,000(?) people singing along with feeling to the songs that I love. Heh, was a nice sharing moment. ;) I think Maynard appreciated it too, he looked to be enjoying himself. He didn't seem to "sneak" offstage like other people say he has at other shows. He went front stage and was pointing/acknowledging every section of the crowd. Then he started heading out the back of the stage, stopped came back and fist-bumbed Danny, then exited to the left (they were coming on/off the right all night). I think I saw him come back on stage right after the rest of the band left and head over to the right side, but it might have been a tech.

Oh, an no drum battle either? First night of Yab instead of Intronaught, they couldn't come up for it? Danny did a solo during Lateralus and Maynard said "Danny Carey" after it. No the Pot either, like others have said. :(

Shout out to the wasted guy in the chi phi shirt next to us, who face planted into the row in front of us dominoing the next couple people over into the next couple rows, after Jambi. Didn't look like anyone really got hurt and suprisingly no one got pissed.

Another Maynardism:
He did the "Some of these songs are pretty old. We haven't sung some of these songs, ...since some of you were sperm. (then he said something else that I missed because I was repeating what he said to someone else). Think that was right before Ticks or Pushit. Anyone catch what he said at the end?

I'll be at Mohegan Sun on Tuesday. Hoping since it's a smaller venue I'll have better seats and will hear Maynard better over the crowd.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote