View Single Post
Old 12-07-2006, 12:56 AM   #20
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/12/03 - Oberhausen, GER - Konig-Pilsener Arena

This was my 7th time seeing TOOL and my first European show as I am now living in Germany. I would have to rank this show at Number 2 on my best TÖÖL shows. They pulled out some amazing visuals that they have never showed during an american show. I felt like the biggest fan there singing along with the songs. The guy next to me spoke english and he told me the last time he saw the band was back in 98. This guy was in for a surprise. I wish he could have seen the Lateralus tour though. I told him the setlist before the show even started and I nailed it exactly except for one mistake. They played Swamp Song instead of The Pot. No big deal there. The only time Maynard spoke was before Wings For Marie where he asked that there be no flash photography for this song please. No flash photography for this song please. He aslo spoke before the last song, Aenema. All he said was simply that this was the last song and they would see us again in the summer. The thing that got me was when the band hit the stage, I stood up, and the german english speaking guy next to me told me that it was o.k. and I did not have to stand. What the hell? I noticed that there were only a few people pepperd in the crowd that were standing. I stood up a few times during the show and rocked out. I felt like I had to prove to these people that I was indeed a TOOL fan, not just another schmuck at the show. I was there for a reason goddamnit. Security was indeed very loose unlike american shows. Someone could have easily ran past the 1 female security guard who was guarding our gate. That chick was a bitch anyways. TOOL wished for everyone to not smoke during this tour. Rad idea :) This bitch security guard was flashing her light the whole night at people lighting cigarettes. I didnt see any other security guard doing that. She walked up the aisle and was probably telling someone to not smoke. While comming back down, she stopped and told my girlfriend to put her phone away. Fuck that. I dug into her yelling at her furiously telling her to just walk back down to her gate. I realized that she probably didn't speak english, haha. She gave me a nasty look and walked back down. I wanted to spit on her if I knew I could nail her. I was hoping someone would come to my aid and throw a beer at her. Again she shined her flashlight near someone behind me, and I blocked the light with my hand and gave her a nasty look. Just chill out and let people enjoy the show. I wanted to break that stupid little flashlight. I became aware, that if I did do anything stupid towards her, It could possibly mean my ejection from the arena and quite possibly the country. I did however enjoy the show thourougly despite ol girl wanting to do her job above and beyond expectation. ITS A ROCK CONCERT... CHILL OUT! She didnt ruin the show for me if i'm ranking it at number 2. Eva did tell me that I did rock out a bit too much. Yes, I was the guy towards the bottom of section 107. I belonged in General Admission with the high that I was on. I didnt quite fit in with everyone around me setting while I was rocking out. I had a great time :)

I noticed that on the tour shirts inside, the tour dates were printed in American Format. No big deal, I bought one anyways for 30 Euros. When we got outside, I saw a shirt bootlegger who was selling them for 10 Euros. I snatched one up and the tour dates were correct the way they should be in European format. Anyways, I am here in Germany legally for another 2 months. I can stay longer if I can find a job, so if anyone out there knows where a guy like me can get a job, hit me up. I am learning Deutsch, but slowly. I like Germany more than America.

Last edited by DirtShaman; 12-07-2006 at 01:01 AM.. Reason: typo
OFFLINE |