View Single Post
Old 09-09-2006, 05:42 PM   #45
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/08 - Los Angeles, CA - Staples Center

I have to say that overall I am very disappointed. OK venue, good to finally hear wings/10k day. But the sound was just super horrible and off tone... The guitars were too loud and majority of the time you could barley hear Maynard. They just looked like an amateur band that is playing in front of a large crowd for the first time. Some people blame it on staple center. I do not think that staple center is solely responsible for tool sounding horrible. I saw Paul McCartney from the same spot and everything just sounded better.

They seem to also have some visual problems in the first few songs. Also, Maynard is looking more of a duchbag every day and seems to uninspired and only care about money. All he does is to insults his fan and puts them down and some how we have to find his action to be “cool”

I think when you pay 50 buck for a shitty seat; you at least expect that you have a descent sound. It looks like there was no sound check. Maybe tool is cheap to hire good people for this. The concert was also boring and uninspired. I just don’t think tool can connect with the crowd anymore. I loss a lot of respect for them. They becoming so mainstream and their head are becoming big. They use to be so much better four years ago.

PS. A lot of people indicated that Maynard was sick. My suggestion is that then he should have canceled the concert or should have reimbursed our money. People remember you are paying for this concert $50+ and you are entitle to at least a good show. If Maynard is sick that is his problem not ours who pay our hard earn money and drive long distance to see shitty off tone concert.

By the way do not compare pink Floyd shows to tool. That is like comparing shit (tool) to flower (Pink Floyd
OFFLINE |