View Single Post
Huff's Avatar Huff
05-08-2006, 08:56 AM

I dont' know how many dB's they squeezed out of it but it has to be a lot. Listen to something like the drums at the start of Aenima (the track) and hear how much space there is?? I don't know if maybe like was said at the start they were sidechaining everything to the kick w/ a comp and maybe limiter, but stuff like Tick and Leetches and Triad sound too thumpy and not "wide-open" enough...there's no spatial image to me.

-David Cross
Old 05-08-2006, 08:56 AM   #68
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: PROFESSIONAL AUDIO ENGINEERS/PRODUCERS THREAD

I dont' know how many dB's they squeezed out of it but it has to be a lot. Listen to something like the drums at the start of Aenima (the track) and hear how much space there is?? I don't know if maybe like was said at the start they were sidechaining everything to the kick w/ a comp and maybe limiter, but stuff like Tick and Leetches and Triad sound too thumpy and not "wide-open" enough...there's no spatial image to me.

-David Cross
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote