View Single Post
auralassassin
05-07-2006, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paraflux
Nah, assasin, I disagree, Thirteenth Step largely left his voice way more dry than other records, and it showed the beauty in rawness.
I didn't say anything about 13th step, or even APC at all.

I said that you place the drums and bass in front... the beat is was makes people move... it's the heartbeat, as it were... the bassline is like putting your hand on your chest and FEELING that heartbeat. That's the best analogy I can offer. Without the heart and without the feeling, Tool is shit.

There is a reason that so many people think that Danny and Justin are the more important part of Tool, and thats because they are. Without the bass, Lateralus was some fucking tablas and ambience and the occasional vocal that I could do without...

Without bass, there is no Sober. Without the drums, there is no Tool. Maynard would be singing over shit 4/4 rhythms and shit bass... how do you think that would work out for your ears?

People like Tool, not because of what is OBVIOUS, but because they are mentally challenged by something other than 4x4 beats. There are enough people who can't deal with the complex patterns and signatures... it's a left brain/right brain thing.
Old 05-07-2006, 03:22 PM   #47
Banned.

Bincount™: 10
Re: PROFESSIONAL AUDIO ENGINEERS/PRODUCERS THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by paraflux
Nah, assasin, I disagree, Thirteenth Step largely left his voice way more dry than other records, and it showed the beauty in rawness.
I didn't say anything about 13th step, or even APC at all.

I said that you place the drums and bass in front... the beat is was makes people move... it's the heartbeat, as it were... the bassline is like putting your hand on your chest and FEELING that heartbeat. That's the best analogy I can offer. Without the heart and without the feeling, Tool is shit.

There is a reason that so many people think that Danny and Justin are the more important part of Tool, and thats because they are. Without the bass, Lateralus was some fucking tablas and ambience and the occasional vocal that I could do without...

Without bass, there is no Sober. Without the drums, there is no Tool. Maynard would be singing over shit 4/4 rhythms and shit bass... how do you think that would work out for your ears?

People like Tool, not because of what is OBVIOUS, but because they are mentally challenged by something other than 4x4 beats. There are enough people who can't deal with the complex patterns and signatures... it's a left brain/right brain thing.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote