Thread: a little theory
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2003, 08:00 PM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
a little theory

Well, here's my thoughts on this song mostly. lol, dumb of me to post it on this part of the opinions section, but maybe it will serve some purpose.
I think maynard abused the word enima possibly, enima meaning the flushing of the intestinal system, and changing it to "aenima". on the bottom thing below where the cd should go you see california, and when you turn it, the whole east coast isn't there. i believe this song is just maynard is so sick of all the coruption and impure things, and he's asking god being "mother" to "wash it all away" , which would serve as an "aenima". i know how tool can tend to a bit comical in perverted ways with their art.
maybe maynard was asking a favor of god somehow, and he was just sick of everything in his environment, and he was just hoping for a "vacation" from all of this. the video concept is quite strange possibly something to do with, just getting rid of this stage of us as humans, and moving on through evolution (46 & 2 theory)....there might be some relation, but i seems that the song and the video could be two different meanings, but still have something to do with this theory. just another of the thousand thoughts...
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote