View Single Post
Cheesegreater
06-23-2010, 09:13 PM

What a great, great epic fucking show. I was one of those people who had the same sentiments as withSpirit and, to my delight, likewise had my faith completely restored in Tool. I never whined too much about set lists and such, but at these last couple of shows I've been to I couldn't help but feel like I might have missed out on the quintessential Tool experience. My first Tool show ever was 9/14/06 in Dallas. I had blast and it will never be forgotten, but me and my mind both knew we've been longing for that genius Lateralus head-space to be revisited. It's always pained me I missed the opportunity to see the Lateralus tour, but now I feel I've truly made up for that pining.

Let me say I can't help but marvel at how the production has grown over the years. When I saw them in Dallas in 06 it was great and all, and surely the best production I'd seen live, but that would almost seem puny compared to how much has been added to the current 2010 setup. I could go into countless details about how many screens there are and where they position themselves and what images play with different sections and lyrics ect. but suffice it to say that this is truly legendary production. Tool's going to go out with a tremendous fucking bang when they decide to call it quits and enjoy the good life. I see all this as Tool preparing to leave a mark similar to what The Wall or Dark Side tours must have left on people. Don't get negative, not saying they're quiting any time soon. Just saying they're not getting any younger and I know these guys are just too good to go out like chumps. It may be a few years down the line but they will go their separate ways. However, before they do, rest assured they are going to blow fucking minds and end on a truly great note. They take tremendous pride in what they do.

Opening with 3rd Eye?!?! Are you fucking kidding me? I'm so serious when I say I never ever thought I'd see that song. When I'd see people list 3rd Eye in one of their dream set-lists in the ultimate/ideal setlist section, I'd scoff. Something to the effect of, "Yeah, can we please stop jerking-off to what we'd jizz in our pants to see and get down to what they REALLY might play?" So who's the ass-hat now? :)

Eon Blue Apocalypse/ The Patient... Wow, this just about had me crying like a little girl. Wanted to see this one for so long. I considered this song really unlikely, but in the realm of possibility. My wife has always loved this song. She's always been a big Tool fan, and thats been a great common ground for us. She was beaming the whole time this song was playing. It's so cool to know this has been one of her favorite songs of all time and she finally got her wish. I remember telling her that in the entirety of the 10K Days tour "The Patient" was only played like twice during all that time. We saw three shows together before this one, and like I said, words cannot describe what it was like for her to finally see it. Damn, I really don't think I can convey how much this song meant to us.

Intolerance - Oh my... the energy of this song is just so fucking contagious. The fast tempo has a great fist-pumping vibe. And who hasn't been there? Someone who lies, cheats, and steals, but you tolerate them somehow? songs like this and "The Grudge" and "Ticks and Leeches" may be pigeon-holed in to being negative songs, but they convey that righteous anger so many of us have felt. Songs like this are like venting... yeah, some might not want to hear you, but you feel a hell of a lot better when you let it out. Ah Tool, you always help me get out that angst thats accumulated over the years. The weight has been lifted.

Ah shit... I'm going to stop before this gets three times as long. See Tool!!

I'm out.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:13 PM   #48
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 26
Re: 06.22.2010 - Cedar Park, TX @ Cedar Park Center

What a great, great epic fucking show. I was one of those people who had the same sentiments as withSpirit and, to my delight, likewise had my faith completely restored in Tool. I never whined too much about set lists and such, but at these last couple of shows I've been to I couldn't help but feel like I might have missed out on the quintessential Tool experience. My first Tool show ever was 9/14/06 in Dallas. I had blast and it will never be forgotten, but me and my mind both knew we've been longing for that genius Lateralus head-space to be revisited. It's always pained me I missed the opportunity to see the Lateralus tour, but now I feel I've truly made up for that pining.

Let me say I can't help but marvel at how the production has grown over the years. When I saw them in Dallas in 06 it was great and all, and surely the best production I'd seen live, but that would almost seem puny compared to how much has been added to the current 2010 setup. I could go into countless details about how many screens there are and where they position themselves and what images play with different sections and lyrics ect. but suffice it to say that this is truly legendary production. Tool's going to go out with a tremendous fucking bang when they decide to call it quits and enjoy the good life. I see all this as Tool preparing to leave a mark similar to what The Wall or Dark Side tours must have left on people. Don't get negative, not saying they're quiting any time soon. Just saying they're not getting any younger and I know these guys are just too good to go out like chumps. It may be a few years down the line but they will go their separate ways. However, before they do, rest assured they are going to blow fucking minds and end on a truly great note. They take tremendous pride in what they do.

Opening with 3rd Eye?!?! Are you fucking kidding me? I'm so serious when I say I never ever thought I'd see that song. When I'd see people list 3rd Eye in one of their dream set-lists in the ultimate/ideal setlist section, I'd scoff. Something to the effect of, "Yeah, can we please stop jerking-off to what we'd jizz in our pants to see and get down to what they REALLY might play?" So who's the ass-hat now? :)

Eon Blue Apocalypse/ The Patient... Wow, this just about had me crying like a little girl. Wanted to see this one for so long. I considered this song really unlikely, but in the realm of possibility. My wife has always loved this song. She's always been a big Tool fan, and thats been a great common ground for us. She was beaming the whole time this song was playing. It's so cool to know this has been one of her favorite songs of all time and she finally got her wish. I remember telling her that in the entirety of the 10K Days tour "The Patient" was only played like twice during all that time. We saw three shows together before this one, and like I said, words cannot describe what it was like for her to finally see it. Damn, I really don't think I can convey how much this song meant to us.

Intolerance - Oh my... the energy of this song is just so fucking contagious. The fast tempo has a great fist-pumping vibe. And who hasn't been there? Someone who lies, cheats, and steals, but you tolerate them somehow? songs like this and "The Grudge" and "Ticks and Leeches" may be pigeon-holed in to being negative songs, but they convey that righteous anger so many of us have felt. Songs like this are like venting... yeah, some might not want to hear you, but you feel a hell of a lot better when you let it out. Ah Tool, you always help me get out that angst thats accumulated over the years. The weight has been lifted.

Ah shit... I'm going to stop before this gets three times as long. See Tool!!

I'm out.
OFFLINE |