View Single Post
Dogzilla's Avatar Dogzilla
05-02-2006, 05:31 AM

Let me get this straight.

You couldn't get any of Maynard's wine. But Maynard sang about forgetting his pen, so there is no wine.

WTF? I'm not quite sure I kept up with your brilliant conclusion.

I have two bottles of the wine. I bought it back in February before he released a bunch to the general public. That first release was only 50 cases. I would imagine it sold out pretty quickly, which is why I bought two bottles. He has released a second template, which, evidently and according to you, is now sold out. No surprise there.

It's a red wine and I tasted some of the other wines sold at that particular cellar (not a "little wine store"). I have not yet cracked open the Primer Paso because I am saving it for a special occasion. (It was his first wine ever so I may never drink it.) Based on the other wines at Page Springs Cellars, I'd say it's probably not too dry -- there's a malvaise in there with the red grapes that soften the tartness a bit. I'm sure it's lovely.
Old 05-02-2006, 05:31 AM   #26
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: New take on 'I forgot my pen'

Let me get this straight.

You couldn't get any of Maynard's wine. But Maynard sang about forgetting his pen, so there is no wine.

WTF? I'm not quite sure I kept up with your brilliant conclusion.

I have two bottles of the wine. I bought it back in February before he released a bunch to the general public. That first release was only 50 cases. I would imagine it sold out pretty quickly, which is why I bought two bottles. He has released a second template, which, evidently and according to you, is now sold out. No surprise there.

It's a red wine and I tasted some of the other wines sold at that particular cellar (not a "little wine store"). I have not yet cracked open the Primer Paso because I am saving it for a special occasion. (It was his first wine ever so I may never drink it.) Based on the other wines at Page Springs Cellars, I'd say it's probably not too dry -- there's a malvaise in there with the red grapes that soften the tartness a bit. I'm sure it's lovely.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote