View Single Post
vjtrip
05-02-2006, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyDyan
Your theory does make sense, especially given the title of the song.. Everyone has been trying really hard to decipher the lyrics- it is the hardest song on the album to understand. When I was reading through part of the "lyrics?" thread I thought that it was pretty ironic that the song we're all having so much trouble understanding is called "Rosetta Stoned"- everyone is going through and posting what lyrics are almost certain and working together to figure out the less understandable parts much like scholars did while translating the Rosetta Stone. Good thought, ArizonaBay!

I think Tool has just thrown us a bone to chew on, in the form of a song. I dont think this track has any logical meaning to it as much as it is intended to take us on a wild ride. The wild rides that we love.
Old 05-02-2006, 02:50 AM   #11
On Probation

Bincount™: 1
Re: Rosetta Stoned- a summing up of Tool?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyDyan
Your theory does make sense, especially given the title of the song.. Everyone has been trying really hard to decipher the lyrics- it is the hardest song on the album to understand. When I was reading through part of the "lyrics?" thread I thought that it was pretty ironic that the song we're all having so much trouble understanding is called "Rosetta Stoned"- everyone is going through and posting what lyrics are almost certain and working together to figure out the less understandable parts much like scholars did while translating the Rosetta Stone. Good thought, ArizonaBay!

I think Tool has just thrown us a bone to chew on, in the form of a song. I dont think this track has any logical meaning to it as much as it is intended to take us on a wild ride. The wild rides that we love.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote