View Single Post
vjtrip
05-01-2006, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by praefector
i reread the original post again, because im driven to understand where the hell youre coming from on this

i think ive got it now

but it kind of thrust me into asking another question... how do we know when weve found the answer? ive seen a lot of intelligent debate here related to this song but ive also seen some alarmingly closed minded approaches... especially regarding the subjectivity of symbolism (too much "im right and youre wrong" and not enough "wow, i didnt see it that way, but rather this way")

so i guess the real question i have: is the person willing to dig the deepest always going to be the one who is "right" ?
there is no 'answer'...

there is no spoon....

the question is...

what do you feel?

can you explain it to me?

If not, then your probably on the right track.

that's really the best way to explain it. sorry if you feel short-changed.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:13 PM   #16
On Probation

Bincount™: 1
Re: New take on 'I forgot my pen'

Quote:
Originally Posted by praefector
i reread the original post again, because im driven to understand where the hell youre coming from on this

i think ive got it now

but it kind of thrust me into asking another question... how do we know when weve found the answer? ive seen a lot of intelligent debate here related to this song but ive also seen some alarmingly closed minded approaches... especially regarding the subjectivity of symbolism (too much "im right and youre wrong" and not enough "wow, i didnt see it that way, but rather this way")

so i guess the real question i have: is the person willing to dig the deepest always going to be the one who is "right" ?
there is no 'answer'...

there is no spoon....

the question is...

what do you feel?

can you explain it to me?

If not, then your probably on the right track.

that's really the best way to explain it. sorry if you feel short-changed.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote