View Single Post
vjtrip
05-01-2006, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by praefector
i dont want to drag down the conversation.

but it should be said that "forgot my pen" most likely symbolizes a lack of ability or willingness to understand the solution to a given problem.

in essense saying that the answer (the message) is no good without the ability to comprehend and explain it to others in a constructive manner (the pen)

... continue
your exactly wrong. this is my point.

If you can write it down, the experience can be deemed as 'explainable'.

An unexplainable experience, and maybe one that the listener couldnt comprehend even if you could put it into words, is justified simply as 'I forgot my pen'.

You can read 'vicariously' about the death of someone in the newspaper. You read that someone attacked someone, they retaliated and someone died.

Where is the article about the thoughts, the experience, the mayhem going through their minds as this took place?

The more I begin to understand this the more I realize that I am not going to be able to put into words anything that will make any of you see what I am saying.

and this becomes the point exactly.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:44 PM   #9
On Probation

Bincount™: 1
Re: New take on 'I forgot my pen'

Quote:
Originally Posted by praefector
i dont want to drag down the conversation.

but it should be said that "forgot my pen" most likely symbolizes a lack of ability or willingness to understand the solution to a given problem.

in essense saying that the answer (the message) is no good without the ability to comprehend and explain it to others in a constructive manner (the pen)

... continue
your exactly wrong. this is my point.

If you can write it down, the experience can be deemed as 'explainable'.

An unexplainable experience, and maybe one that the listener couldnt comprehend even if you could put it into words, is justified simply as 'I forgot my pen'.

You can read 'vicariously' about the death of someone in the newspaper. You read that someone attacked someone, they retaliated and someone died.

Where is the article about the thoughts, the experience, the mayhem going through their minds as this took place?

The more I begin to understand this the more I realize that I am not going to be able to put into words anything that will make any of you see what I am saying.

and this becomes the point exactly.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote