View Single Post
vjtrip
05-01-2006, 01:34 PM

I havent seen this anywhere else and came to this conclusion from an earlier trip on shrooms a few weeks ago.

Backround: Sitting around a campfire in Southern Utah (desert area) and listening to Lateralus. A conversation topic arises regarding Maynard and his vinyeard. Follow me here, cause this may be hard to explain....

When I first saw the website for his vineyard the little 'store area' said the bottles of wine were 'all sold out'. Now the other couple we were with are very wealthy people, they have all the goodies whereas me and my wife are pretty simple creatures, we dont care about money. As the other couple was off messing around in bed it became very humorous to me that Maynard would be the type of person to own a Vineyard and to the general public his wine is always 'sold out' But he would give it away to his friends, etc... thereby offering his close 'allies' a gift, rather than 'selling out' to the general public. Now think about that for a second. It is pure marketing genious, in a sick kind of way. No matter how much money you have you could never 'buy' what he has to offer, and taste what he is tasting, because its not for sale. Follw me?

Now the refernce to I FORGOT MY PEN follows the same principles. If you want to learn something you can buy a book, read it and ingest the information. If someone wants to learn how to be a 'doctor' they can go to school, ingest the information and wallah, they are a doctor. Now this is a basic exchange for us monkeys to read, learn, read, learn, and many people become accustomed to the fact that anything can be learned, and further more, it can be bought.

However, in order for something to be eligible for the last statement, it has to be able to be presented in words, in text, DO YOU NEED A RECIPT SHOWING PROOF THAT YOU GOT IT? The 'forgot my pen' statement overrides all of this. It breaks the barrier between what so many people in this world are accustomed to. You take a vacation, you take pictures... boom, there is your proof that you were there. Did you actually 'experience it' ir are you just happy you can add to your photo album? If you did have an experience, could you explain it? Could you write it down for me?

You cant write down on paper what alot of Tool songs relate to, compared to the feeling they can present. So whatever experience is taking place (ufo/drugs) may sort of be irrelevant compared to the overall message that if something could be explained in text, and you could write it down, that you may be simply dealing with lego's and tinker toys, especially if you live your life this way.

Want a piece of Maynard? Sold out.

Want the real story? Well, Maynard forgot his pen.

This is absolutely brilliant.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:34 PM   #1
On Probation

Bincount™: 1
New take on 'I forgot my pen'

I havent seen this anywhere else and came to this conclusion from an earlier trip on shrooms a few weeks ago.

Backround: Sitting around a campfire in Southern Utah (desert area) and listening to Lateralus. A conversation topic arises regarding Maynard and his vinyeard. Follow me here, cause this may be hard to explain....

When I first saw the website for his vineyard the little 'store area' said the bottles of wine were 'all sold out'. Now the other couple we were with are very wealthy people, they have all the goodies whereas me and my wife are pretty simple creatures, we dont care about money. As the other couple was off messing around in bed it became very humorous to me that Maynard would be the type of person to own a Vineyard and to the general public his wine is always 'sold out' But he would give it away to his friends, etc... thereby offering his close 'allies' a gift, rather than 'selling out' to the general public. Now think about that for a second. It is pure marketing genious, in a sick kind of way. No matter how much money you have you could never 'buy' what he has to offer, and taste what he is tasting, because its not for sale. Follw me?

Now the refernce to I FORGOT MY PEN follows the same principles. If you want to learn something you can buy a book, read it and ingest the information. If someone wants to learn how to be a 'doctor' they can go to school, ingest the information and wallah, they are a doctor. Now this is a basic exchange for us monkeys to read, learn, read, learn, and many people become accustomed to the fact that anything can be learned, and further more, it can be bought.

However, in order for something to be eligible for the last statement, it has to be able to be presented in words, in text, DO YOU NEED A RECIPT SHOWING PROOF THAT YOU GOT IT? The 'forgot my pen' statement overrides all of this. It breaks the barrier between what so many people in this world are accustomed to. You take a vacation, you take pictures... boom, there is your proof that you were there. Did you actually 'experience it' ir are you just happy you can add to your photo album? If you did have an experience, could you explain it? Could you write it down for me?

You cant write down on paper what alot of Tool songs relate to, compared to the feeling they can present. So whatever experience is taking place (ufo/drugs) may sort of be irrelevant compared to the overall message that if something could be explained in text, and you could write it down, that you may be simply dealing with lego's and tinker toys, especially if you live your life this way.

Want a piece of Maynard? Sold out.

Want the real story? Well, Maynard forgot his pen.

This is absolutely brilliant.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote