View Single Post
ArizonaBay's Avatar ArizonaBay
04-29-2006, 05:40 PM

This song to me after listening to it many times seems to be an attempt to sum up the essence of the band. As we all know aliens, psychadelic drugs, hidden esoteric knowledge and arse jokes are all cornerstones of Tools repetoire. This song seems to be trying to present an affectionate sending up of all these themes and Tools fans also. The songs climax i think really puts across how the fanbase percieves Tool like we want to think of them as the bringers of knowledge and hidden secrets and such, its a romantic notion, but we know they are nothing of the sort really, just a bunch of normal guys who happen to injest a fair amount psychoactive substances from time to time and play music.

This song seems to be written for the fans that have followed the band for the last few albums or from the beggining and have a real personal connection with the music. When the song has been properly digested by the fan base it I think it will become a real classic, an oppurtunity to laugh at the band and themselves, it also happens to a be really great song too.
Old 04-29-2006, 05:40 PM   #1
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 11
Rosetta Stoned- a summing up of Tool?

This song to me after listening to it many times seems to be an attempt to sum up the essence of the band. As we all know aliens, psychadelic drugs, hidden esoteric knowledge and arse jokes are all cornerstones of Tools repetoire. This song seems to be trying to present an affectionate sending up of all these themes and Tools fans also. The songs climax i think really puts across how the fanbase percieves Tool like we want to think of them as the bringers of knowledge and hidden secrets and such, its a romantic notion, but we know they are nothing of the sort really, just a bunch of normal guys who happen to injest a fair amount psychoactive substances from time to time and play music.

This song seems to be written for the fans that have followed the band for the last few albums or from the beggining and have a real personal connection with the music. When the song has been properly digested by the fan base it I think it will become a real classic, an oppurtunity to laugh at the band and themselves, it also happens to a be really great song too.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote