View Single Post
MantisMandibles's Avatar MantisMandibles
04-25-2006, 12:09 AM

I like it because it's sort of like listening to 'Third Eye' for the first few hundred times, again. I distinctly hated it the first couple of times I heard it. It sounded incredibly dissonant and hectic. But it's grown on me, and I no longer think it sounds so atonal. I think it was just the wack-ass vocals during the first couple minutes which threw me off. After that, though, the song gets fucking dope.

I think I just had to get kinda drunk in order to appreciate this album. My first reaction was like, "wtf?" Then I drank a sixer of Blue Moon and became suddenly enlightened as to how boss this effort really is. That appreciation has since stuck and chemical enhancement is no longer needed. Ah, but thank fuck for good beer!
Old 04-25-2006, 12:09 AM   #21
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 230
Re: why do so many people love this song?

I like it because it's sort of like listening to 'Third Eye' for the first few hundred times, again. I distinctly hated it the first couple of times I heard it. It sounded incredibly dissonant and hectic. But it's grown on me, and I no longer think it sounds so atonal. I think it was just the wack-ass vocals during the first couple minutes which threw me off. After that, though, the song gets fucking dope.

I think I just had to get kinda drunk in order to appreciate this album. My first reaction was like, "wtf?" Then I drank a sixer of Blue Moon and became suddenly enlightened as to how boss this effort really is. That appreciation has since stuck and chemical enhancement is no longer needed. Ah, but thank fuck for good beer!
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote