Thread: Shit the bed?
View Single Post
Sephiraith
04-24-2006, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziraphale
I can change my mind if I'm convinced, but I'm not. We're discussing something, so the open-mindedness goes both ways. It's not a big deal.

But...the clear image that I get when I hear the song is this guy who's tied down to his bed in a mental ward, raving about sunkist and sudafed and aliens and the end of the world. In his mind he's this great prophet trying to convice the world ("please believe what I just said..."), but in reality he's this crazy mf shitting his bed in a mental ward.

What I think you're saying is that it's a figure of speech, but I think shitting the bed makes sense literally in this song.
I know it makes sense. I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just saying you can take that line literally, figuratively, or both.

Personally, I don't enjoy thinking about people shitting the bed, so I try to think of it in the figurative sense even if it's supposed to be literal.

You're right, I'm right, we all win here.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:10 PM   #24
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: Shit the bed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziraphale
I can change my mind if I'm convinced, but I'm not. We're discussing something, so the open-mindedness goes both ways. It's not a big deal.

But...the clear image that I get when I hear the song is this guy who's tied down to his bed in a mental ward, raving about sunkist and sudafed and aliens and the end of the world. In his mind he's this great prophet trying to convice the world ("please believe what I just said..."), but in reality he's this crazy mf shitting his bed in a mental ward.

What I think you're saying is that it's a figure of speech, but I think shitting the bed makes sense literally in this song.
I know it makes sense. I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just saying you can take that line literally, figuratively, or both.

Personally, I don't enjoy thinking about people shitting the bed, so I try to think of it in the figurative sense even if it's supposed to be literal.

You're right, I'm right, we all win here.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote